--------------------------

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinheaduk

Reaction score
have removed original image as a few ppl were offended by the nature of the image which was something done purely on an xbox 360 game interest basis and i am not in the business of offending people intentional, so i offer a full apology for any offence caused

earlybay.com is the best vw forum out there and i do not want to ruin its reputation in any way

I think the logo is ok, but with reference the war, there is a massive thread on VZi about this type of thing & didn't go down well. It has since really made me think.

A few years ago, in my ignorance I would have thought all of this type of thing quite funny, I liked slammed cars just to upset the purest, that type of thing. I had a big sticker in the 90's saying 'Fuck the Mission' This I thought was brilliant. Turns out, mission is reference the church & not everyone was amused!

As I have got older & seen & heard what people went through in the war, I don't think I would want to associate myself with any of it. You could be opening yourself up to abuse & could be interpreted as a lack of respect.

There are many people being killed in stupid wars around the world as we speak.

Dubs of Peace would send a clearer message, just a thought.

first of all - nice logo - did you ask volkswagen's permission to use their symbol though :roll: :wink:

second - nicely summed up pete.

are you refering to the excruciating 'ss engines' thread on vzi :wink:

have removed original image as a few ppl were offended by the nature of the image which was something done purely on an xbox 360 game interest basis and i am not in the business of offending people intentional, so i offer a full apology for any offence caused

earlybay.com is the best vw forum out there and i do not want to ruin its reputation in any way

pete nice said:
You could be opening yourself up to abuse & could be interpreted as a lack of respect.

you may find a brick through your winscreen or a biiiig scratch on your bus!? :x

What's your bus painted with? It looks like black pebble dash :shock: No offence meant, just intrigued by the "interesting" finish.

Doris said:
pete nice said:
You could be opening yourself up to abuse & could be interpreted as a lack of respect.

you may find a brick through your winscreen or a biiiig scratch on your bus!? :x

like i said in a previous post it wasnt done in a malicous way was only something done with an interest in the xbox game, as i said my brother is in iraq and i was in the armed forces and served time so i wouldnt disrespect my brother and all the other serving members as i was one myself

the finish was done with stonechip, it was on my 1978 bay which i sold a few yrs back

I was neither upset nor offended about your logo & I doubt if most people would have batted an eyelid at it to be honest.

The Slogan could have been misinterpreted into something that you are not. Over on VZi there are a bunch of nutters on their high horse at the moment on a witch hunt on the same subject.

Some people get offended at the sight of a Beetle, so you will never please everyone.

The JG54 VW club took some major abuse not that long ago for the same reasons...

I wouldn't worry too much.

thats for the comment pete much appreciated, i know what you mean about vzi though some of the threads turn people into psychos hehe, i just didnt want to become one of those,

a few ppl have mentioned they like the logo but the text was wrong and i understand that after looking from another viewpoint.

carl

pete nice said:
Over on VZi there are a bunch of nutters on their high horse at the moment on a witch hunt on the same subject.

O RLY ? :x

etc. etc.

(not having a pop at darrenw - he's quite amusing :wink: )

the classifieds are excellent though 8)

totally missed this, but as always the members of earlybay have done themselves proud by not having a pop and even deleting apparent wrongdoings...makes me feel all mushy... 8)

I said someone's van on here looked gay once, can't remember which one, & can't remember why.

I got a hell of a slating. People were going off left right 7 centre.

There is being over sensitive too, but this seems a delicate subject at the moment. It will all blow over eventually. Now where are my Faulty Towers DVD's

I didn't see any reason for removing the images, I quite liked the effect of the badge..

The text wasn't anything to worry about either IMHO.

'war' - There, I said it. :wink:

scott wilson said:
totally missed this, but as always the members of earlybay have done themselves proud by not having a pop and even deleting apparent wrongdoings...makes me feel all mushy... 8)

exactly, :) couldnt agree more, one of the main reasons for deleting the image as didnt want any more ppl getting offended or slightly peeved :)

Locked at starters request.

(Not deleted - so users can see your subsequent comments - fair play to you :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts