• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1303s gearbox adaptors - New batch 02/05/14

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AxlFoley said:
Payment recived, they should be posted on Friday :)

for those that dont know what they are for, they along with some other parts allow you to fit a 1303s gearbox in an early bay, this gives you a taller 4th gear, my van will now cruse quite happily at 70mph 3.5krpm, so nice and quiet, it also improves fuel consumption, although you do sometimes need to shift down on hills.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29478&hilit=1303s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still can't figure out why people need adapters? Why do you need stuff? I altered my bay front mount got 2 bug cv joints and fitted it all job done

did you extend the length of your gearstick shaft ? and what clutch cable did you use ?

the extensions are to lengthen the gearstick shaft to allow for a shorter gearbox, the other extender lengthens the bowden tube for the clutch cable.

Mark

The shaft was unmodified and worked and the tube stayed same length think I might have bolted it in slightly different position, it was a bit short but worked ok. The set up was still working fine when I sold the van and it had been all over the uk and around Europe no probs with no bolts extensions cradles and all the other things people say u need

I am having another 15 Sets made up, I'll be sending messages out to those who have requested a set, but please get in touch again if you want some

they should be ready within the next week (snow dependant) if you want to pre order you are more than welcome.

P5280472.jpg

£15 including postage

Paypal as a Gift please to [email protected], with your user name and postage address

Thanks

Mark

can i reserve a set - will pay this friday if thats ok.....but please save me a set - i missed out last time :mrgreen:

please please put asside that set for me - i'm selling my bike this weekend so will have the money then...i got £14 pounds n my bank so one pound short- please put aside a set for me-need to get my camper back on the road in next few months!
thanks

thanks for the payments guys, they should be here within the next week (with a bit of luck) my machinist has been busy at work!

I'll keep you posted

Mark

Latest posts