1968 Amescador

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greg said:
droppen die bus en brm's yeah

greetz greg

Thanks! :D

I don't think I'll fit BRM's, however. If I fit alloys in the first place, it'll be Enkei 5's or Flat-4 Sprint Stars. But I think it's going to be 356 replica wheels on the bus, we kinda like the look of the hubcaps. 8)

Right! Time for an update me thinks! :wink:

Two (mandatory?) before shots:
DSC04731.jpg

DSC04732.jpg

Avis adjusters welded to the beam (steering boss still removed):
DSC04734.jpg

DSC04737.jpg

Beam finished and brushed to bare metal using a steel brush on an angle grinder:
DSC04740.JPG

Painted black:
DSC04746.jpg

This quality work has been performed by the VA Slamshop. 8) Leon, many, many BIG thanks mate!

Next saturday we're going to place the beam back on the bus. 8)

The beam looks wicked - looks like they have done a good job 8)

When do you reckon the beam will be attached then :?:

What a fantastic unit, it looks like all those years of being unwashed has protected the paint underneath the grime.
The interior is sensational, but I think my favorite bit is the original rack, broken slats and all. Just repalce the broken bits and you are away, no worrying about scratching the megabuck/euro piece of kit.
On about page 3 I was reading and thinking of the slamming stick but was not going to push that barrow too early, then I go to the next page or so and there we have the adjusters, sweet little things they are...

But when start mentioning a lazy little run down to Espania or Toscana, I realise how sweet a time you are going to have in that bus.
We were in Tusacany in 2002 in a 1989 Syncro and had the holiday of a lifetime. Hope you do too.

any more cool pix of your low bus Airtime 8) is it getting finished tomorrow ?

Right! I've been a bit busy, but here's another update!

The front is lowered!
DSC04752-30.jpg

I definately have to fit lower tyres... :roll: :wink:

DSC04748-30.jpg

DSC04756-30.jpg

DSC04753-30.jpg

Looks kinda silly with it's ass up in the air, but I didn't have time to lower the back due to this little problem (the engine is also removed in the last pic):

DSC04750-30.jpg

:roll: :(

Scampi said:
Good stuff mate. 8)

What's up with the engine?

Thanks dude! :D

Nothing's wrong with the engine, apart from the usual oil leaks. :wink: One arm of the clutch fork is broken off, the other one is bent backwards... :? I really don't know how this could happen, any suggestions? :wink:

Latest posts