1968 Amescador

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the road to Beautiful Budel:
DSCF6648.JPG

DSCF6673.JPG

8)

It's been a while since I last updated my thread, so I thought I'd share some holiday pics with you. We went to Denmark with the bus, drove for about 2500km's and had the best weather we could wish for! :cool: Ok, enough talking some pics:

Our little guys in their seats:
ce998c99.jpg

Lunchtime somewhere in Germany:
c287e583.jpg

Our camping spot in Billund, Denmark:
3e098d59.jpg

A bit noisy, because the camping was situated next to 'Billund International Airport' and a busy road, but on the plus side it was only a 10 minutes walk to:
ef09acae.jpg

59f5dc80.jpg

9f4f2088.jpg

What an amazing park! Everything there is made from, or based on Lego! :shock: :cool:

The next day we moved on to the island Fyn. You have to cross the 'Small Belt Bridge' at Middelfart to get there:
a782b9b3.jpg

0820a31d.jpg

We found a very nice, luxurious, but therefore also expensive campingsite in Bojden at the beach, with swimming pool, children's bathrooms, kitchens and so on:
7dee10b5.jpg

199481c4.jpg

One day, we visited the Ekeskov castle:
b63333f2.jpg

But more interesting was what's in the former stables:
c5b5c01a.jpg

4d1745f2.jpg

67693b0b.jpg

815eb05e.jpg

7931e7e5.jpg

:cool:

Then, we went on to the next camping on the island Loland. We travelled by ferry to get there:
4c92fd78.jpg

As you can see, it was pretty busy on the ferry... :?

This was our camping spot at the Maribo See Camping:
4192a11a.jpg

We did some sightseeing on the island:
dd9a1a2b.jpg

0d1a3e55.jpg

5d58b49a.jpg

And went to the city of Nakskov, where an old Russian submarine is accessable:
59e4f438.jpg

8c5557d6.jpg

On that camping we ran into (Slammed Panel) Marco with his wife and daughter:
46203131.jpg

Togherther we drove to the ferry to Germany. Marco and family drove back home, but we decided to drive to Wolfsburg to visit Autostadt and the Volkswagen Museum while we where in the neighbourhood:

a381cba2.jpg

5f7de368.jpg

af470f48.jpg

f60e0f08.jpg

ba9d72b1.jpg

895cf9f4.jpg

We stayed in Wolfsburg for 2 days and then drove home. We had a wonderfull holiday! :cool:

Some more photo's you can find in my album.

46203131.jpg

I spoke with Marco at VW Action - he said you'd hooked up while on holiday - how cool was that? 8)

Great pics! :)

Nice pics of your hols! - bought back memories as I used to live in Germany as a child (Dad was in the Army) and we would drive up into Denmark on camping trips, staying in a place called Lundeburg - I also went to Legoland when was about 10 years old! Loved it and got my Lego driving license ;) - though at the time I didn't know "eingang" meant one way.... :lol:

Mad looking VW museum - will have to plan that into a trip at somepoint

lard said:
though at the time I didn't know "eingang" meant one way.... :lol:

:mrgreen:

Thanks guys! 8)

Yesterday I finally got to wash the van after holidays. It's a couple of shades lighter now! :lol: I had to clean it, because tomorrow it will be used to transport wedding guests! 8)