1970 Michigan Missile.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got these of e-bay for £12
Even came with a spare clip

Last Monday after Stanford hall we went to the park with our friends.
My wife is getting quite keen with her photography and snapped a few pics.

y2yheduz.jpg

ugu8u8ub.jpg

uvububeb.jpg

sasa9uqu.jpg

esy5u6er.jpg

ypypa8es.jpg

Cheers mate, my lad (Jonah) is the one in the yellow T-shirt he is a top lad and no bother most the time.
The other chap is his best friend and the son of one of my best friends Austin.
Both buses came from California and were imported by ourselves with the help of our friend over in California.
Austin's is about to get the narrowed and Air ride treatment
I bet your itching to go out in your bus ?

Looks nice Sam, I don't think there is anywhere in Brighton where you can park on the grass, I think it's down to the gypsy holiday makers that move in at any given opportunity.

radish said:
Looks nice Sam, I don't think there is anywhere in Brighton where you can park on the grass, I think it's down to the gypsy holiday makers that move in at any given opportunity.

Hi mate cheers, I think if I parked within the travelling community my bus would be taken for scrap by them.
That park is called Emberton and is about 2min drive from Olney and 10min drive from my house, it offers camping and has a great kids play area and fishing lake.
The plots have hook up and I think there is a shower block.
You should book a slot there and we will join you.
If a few people are up for it we could have cracking weekend.

How are you finding the gabriels 49230? I'm finally ordering mine this week and I wanted to make sure they are not too long that they bottom out. I'm currently running a 2inch knl beam with flipped spindles.

Hi Kevin,
I don't find that they bottom out at the height I run at, perhaps if you had tubs which allowed you to run super low then maybe.
I currently use them between 100 and 120 PSI dependant on who is in the bus with me.

I adjusted my beam the other week and now get 11cm of lift at 200PSI,

Thanks Sam. I'll get that model than :) while I'm at it I'm getting a pair for the back as well. Thanks for your help dude

That's the plan. I'm still trying to find one locally tough. I was thinking a 5 liter thank should be enough. As a compressor i'm thinking of getting two off these of eBay. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/301181710402?nav=SEARCH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today I had a nice surprise in the post, my new electro dynamic sound exciters arrived from America
I really like the simplicity of these things and the fact that I don't have to cut holes in my bus to fit them.
hu6e2y6a.jpg

A long over due update ...
The sound exciters were working well until I blew them up :-( I have decided now that I will just have to fit a traditional sound system so I am currently collecting parts.

Also have some plans for winter:

Repair to wooden batons in the Westy roof and re fit the canvas

Tidy up engine tin and engine bay.

I have now dropped the ride height down a bit more I have started to bottom out the Shocks, I will get shorter Gabriel's to solve this

Maybe a drop of paint on front of the bus if funds allow.

Love the thread dude, the bus is looking sweet with that stance....

Busy doing the usuall winter jobs.

Batter tray
Engine clean up/tinware powdercoat
New gearbox
And fingers crossed some 4 corner air ride.

Here is the motor, just waiting for the last few bits to come back from the powder coaters.

Latest posts