1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bus is no slouch, but having had a ride in the rocket bus last weekend I can confirm its pretty rapid!

EgoTrippin said:
My bus is no slouch, but having had a ride in the rocket bus last weekend I can confirm its pretty rapid!

Cheers Ego, glad you liked our little rip through Stratford. Driving the 300+ miles to aircooled '14 and back has finished the running in period. So changed oil & filter, adjusted the valves and cleaned the air cleaners. Can now give it a proper hiding, launched it off the lights today and the looks you get hitting 7000 rpm in a VW camper are brilliant. Took Krusty out in it today and he was really impressed :)

Had to get 1 of these, it's unwritten law to have a Fram HP1 on a quick VW :msn4:

K@rlos said:
EgoTrippin said:

Cheers Ego, glad you liked our little rip through Stratford. Driving the 300+ miles to aircooled '14 and back has finished the running in period. So changed oil & filter, adjusted the valves and cleaned the air cleaners. Can now give it a proper hiding, launched it off the lights today and the looks you get hitting 7000 rpm in a VW camper are brilliant. Took Krusty out in it today and he was really impressed :)

Had to get 1 of these, it's unwritten law to have a Fram HP1 on a quick VW :msn4:

What sandwich stat are you running karlos? And where did you get it?

:mrgreen:

It's a Mocal sandwich plate mate, opens at 150. Came from Demon Tweeks if I remember correctly.

Saw this pic on the earlybay appreciation society on Facebook. Got snapped whilst driving to Bury to see some friends. Happy with the stance, looks hard as nails :mrgreen:

When the Volksdine meet in Colchester lastnight. Hooked up with Gatt for a chat and had lush hotdog too. Bus got plenty of attention and I got snapped :mrgreen:

So the Rocket bus is gonna find home in another country, off to Holland he goes.

Yeah, he said he has been following the build thread and when he saw I had it up for sale he had to have it. Yep, going with the motor too.

Right... I had to drive to the far side of Colchester yesterday in the bus to do some work. Whilst doing so I had a moment of clarity :shock:

I can't sell my bus! It's not a show winner but it's mine, I found it, built it and have a lot of memory's in it. So yesterday afternoon I emailed the buyer and said it's not for sale anymore. Then after a chat with my brother from another mother (Grazy) I realised I was just being a dick tbh. So I guess Woodbridge will continue to be terrorised by it scraping on all the speed humps and roar about the town :mrgreen:

I await the abuse chaps.....

Good decision, now go traveling in it and make some more memory's

Yeah I know :oops: right I better get it tubbed, fit a line lock, get a beefed up gearbox and buy an Engle FK-10 cam :msn4:

Yeah I can't sell it, just too much fun! Gonna get a lot of love over the winter too!

Latest posts