1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's running but not finished yet, gotta fit a split charge system and tidy up the engine bay wiring.

Got to secure oil pipes to the chassis, tap the oil filter head for a temp sensor (we forgot) :roll: do a tiny bit of welding in the n/s/f jacking point and go through the carbs.

Then out for the summer :mrgreen:

Hi Karlos

What breather box are you running there? Are the slots at the top vents to the engine bay? I'm looking for one like this as I'm not a fan of the tower/filler types.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Hi Ash

It's a hand made item from Fast Fab in California. The quality is amazing and yeah there are venting slots in the top, it's also available with an screw on fittings if needed. I got it from RJ Volksperformance, google them. Richie & Jo are really helpful and know their shit.

Cheers

Me and Hector have been slacking due to work being busy, But we're on it again. Gotta go through carbs, need a slight re-jet and to make a scoop for the oil cooler. Sorted the fuel pump resornation problem by making a rubber mount too. It's frustrating but a vw bus that matches most cars on 0-60 times will be worth it :mrgreen:

Another Friday night up the speed shop.

I did some wire tidying and cleaned the cab out, was amazed at how much shit had built up in there. Back over there Sunday :) Also I'd forgotten how good my soundsystem was :mrgreen:

Well it's finished... But has gotta come out again because the clutch doesn't feel right. Think the release bearing clips may have come off :roll:

Gotta have the motor out Friday night to sort the release bearing so I thought I might as well upgrade. Converting it to a heavy duty cross arm with late style bearing.

Update: went up the workshop last night, fitted heavy duty clutch shaft and adaptor collar then refitted the motor. It's surprising how much pressure a Kennedy stage 2 has when it's set up properly! Will be there all weekend, hope to bring it home Saturday week.

The Golf will be mothballed for the summer and the bus will get daily status 8)

It's finished! After a serious shortage of time, long lead times on parts and several set backs it's finished :D taking it for a final shakedown round the village where Hectors speed shop is then I'm driving it home saturday morning. This motor had transformed my bus! The noise is amazing, the power & torque is biblical and the acceleration is terrifying!!!

Gonna have SO much fun in this 8)

Latest posts