1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while since I updated, Yesterday the bus sailed through another mot :mrgreen: The new gearbox has transformed it! The taller final drive really allows me to use the massive amounts of torque my motor has and it cruises effortlessly at 70 mph and is very comfortable at 100 mph. I've also upgraded to a 70 amp alternator because 7000 rpm finally took its toll on the 50amp unit, I've also treated myself to a Gene Berg shifter 8) Been a while since I've driven my bus properly, I forgot how rapid it is :shock: Makes my Bmw 325i feel like a slug.

Brilliant 8)

Like the statement "....it cruises effortlessly at 70 mph and is very comfortable at 100 mph" :lol:

gninnam said:
Brilliant 8)

Like the statement "....it cruises effortlessly at 70 mph and is very comfortable at 100 mph" :lol:

:D

I'm crapping myself if I push mine over 60 to be honest - 100 sounds mental! Rocket bus indeed :msn4:

Earl Bay said:
sounds pretty epic. whats the gear ratio, anything special?

Just a 3 rib but with a 4.57 ring & pinion and various other bits and bobs in side.

Yeah doing a 100 odd in the bus was a laugh, sailing past Audi's :lol:

Went for rather a foggy drive to Felixstowe docks today :lol:

Then headed home after a lush roast dinner with the inlaws and the woman

i think your predictive text us playing up mate!!
It reads like , comfortable at 70mph!!
Does 100mph!!! :lol: :lol:
My iPhone writes alsorts of twofdle sometimes too!!!!! ;)

Lee C said:
i think your predictive text us playing up mate!!
It reads like , comfortable at 70mph!!
Does 100mph!!! :lol: :lol:
My iPhone writes alsorts of twofdle sometimes too!!!!! ;)

No, that's what I intended to write :lol:

Things have slowed down recently due to weather :roll: I still only have 1 tub in lol. But I did get round to adjusting the valves which were still spot on.

Also picked up a new exhaust, mine blew a hole in the side and unfortunately Bygpack no longer make the Mondo since being brought out by Empi :( So a 2nd hand item will have to do.

Also a warning: DO NOT USE BUSWERX's near Ipswich, I've discovered a fair amount of the body work i paid to have done (rust) has just been fillered and is now coming through again :evil: So in January the bus is off down to Tim at Kustom dub works in Hockley, Essex to be sorted. So cheers Dan, thought you were a mate. I still have the recipte and will be contacting trading standards as the bodges are disgusting :cry:

K@rlos said:
Also a warning: DO NOT USE BUSWERX's near Ipswich, I've discovered a fair amount of the body work i paid to have done (rust) has just been fillered and is now coming through again :evil: So in January the bus is off down to Tim at Kustom dub works in Hockley, Essex to be sorted. So cheers Dan, thought you were a mate. I still have the recipte and will be contacting trading standards as the bodges are disgusting :cry:

Not good :evil:

Hope you get something from them that is positive.

This saddens me that stuff like this happens to often Karlos, have you been in contact with the company in question to see if there can be something done as in the way of customer care. (Refund of such?)
I'm sure moving forward it'll get get sorted, they should at least help towards additional cost of putting it right....

I was in a similar scenario a while back with a guy who id consider a friend but with other people involved it dragged out like a mother and I was busless for a while. It did get put to right in the end, but was stressful for both me and the other partys in question.

Its very hard trying to keep ya cool (Especially if your Ginger!) :lol: when you haven't received the service you should get regardless of who it is.... money is money and it dunt grow on trees!
My advise would be keep things fair and to the point, keep it amicable to insure you stand a chance of there help before it turns nasty. (Easy said I know!)

Hope things get sorted dude and I'm sorry to hear it has happened at all. (Especially from a so called friend.) :evil:

Paul. :)

P.S if all the above advise fails.......! :satanlook:

I'm glad you named this clown, anyone who cuts corners by whacking a load of filler into a£15k classic car on the hope he doesn't get found out deserves to be named and shamed. I hope you get it sorted, but if not at least you have helped others avoid the same shoddy work.

Latest posts