• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Westfalia Tin Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrd

Reaction score
After lots of thinking I have decided to sell my early bay :( I need some money and this seems to be the only way, planning on getting a cheaper T4.

She is a 1970 Westy, I bought her from FBI last year (fresh from Calafornia) and all I have done is get her lowered professionally and stuck a roof rack at the back, also put a new stereo in the glove box.

She is my daily, mainly on the school run and has NEVER let me down, starts first time, every time.

Location is Truro, Cornwall. email dave @ penare . me . uk

Hopefully looking for £8500 to give me enough for a T4 and cash to keep the bank manager happy.

1.jpg

More pics available if required

mrd said:
Am I doing something wrong?

I am gonna say no dood, but dont know what your refering to :wink: :lol:

mrd said:
Am I doing something wrong?

It could be that thats a lot of money for a tin top, how about a few more photos to justify the price.

Mark

love it though, stance is spot on!

Get the pics up that people want to see, get underneath, arches, engine, gearbox, chassis rails, floor, the interior..... also the problem is theres a lot of busses in that ball park so you really need to sell its good points and be very honest on the bad....good luck.....Tin tops rock....

Araon said:
Get the pics up that people want to see, get underneath, arches, engine, gearbox, chassis rails, floor, the interior..... also the problem is theres a lot of busses in that ball park so you really need to sell its good points and be very honest on the bad....good luck.....Tin tops rock....

Exactly that 8)

I'm trying but Photobucket is playing silly buggers...

Looks really good in the pictures, good luck with the sale,

:( Shame you have to sell but I know where your coming from, I am one of the lucky ones ( some say) as I have a T4 and an early bay (67) but you can be happy with either, it's not so much what you drive, it's the person that drives it!!
You are trying to sell in a dificult climate, £8,500 maybe wasn't a lot for a good rust free bay last year and for sure a good one will allways be worth it, yours looks to have all that is required of a van today, correct, tin tops rock and I guess with a pop top it opens up the market (no pun intended ) but with an awning you have the same space, ok, maybe not the height but, heh, you can't have it all.
Personally, I like tin tops, hope the sell goes well but soon as the sun comes out you will have them climing all over it we hope for your sake.

Regards
Ron (alias Rocket) :wink: :wink:

Latest posts