6 Weeks in 1972 Crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J4yman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Hi folks, 6 weeks in with Lizzy my 1972 crossover and still finding my way round. Electrics, adjustments and lack of sleep thinking about the next job and how I will tackle it. So great to be here and really chuffed to be back in the scene after 25 years. In need of mainly advice as I am pretty hands on. These crossovers are a nice vans.

Welcome to the forum, J4yman. Enjoy!

Welcome Jason

This is a great forum with far more useful info than on any FB forum and easy to search for things, glad you are enjoying ownership👍

Verrrrry nice, welcome back to the fold. That Lizzy looks almost brand spanking new.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, red and white , what’s not to like :)
Thanks, she is very tidy underneath. Some electrical work which I have done and also a bit of Bodywork to be done. But I won't be putting her away for the winter she is made to drive and that is what I will do. Rolling resto
Welcome Jason

This is a great forum with far more useful info than on any FB forum and easy to search for things, glad you are enjoying ownership👍
I remembered you saying about it. Only recently got round to joining, busy doing little jobs and making the most of the daylight before the clocks change. I have been sorting the wiring out with the diagrams from thesamba dot com. Excellent resource too. Thanks again.

That's looking pretty good! How about the interior?😁
I have most of the interior and will be going back to Dormobile stock except for the old sink and cooler box. Other than that I will be sorting the interior out over the winter. Maybe colour changes to the seats and panels.

I have most of the interior and will be going back to Dormobile stock except for the old sink and cooler box. Other than that I will be sorting the interior out over the winter. Maybe colour changes to the seats and panels.
That's great. Lots of exciting little jobs over the winter. Have fun and good luck!

Latest posts