68 Cali evolution

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
terrier man said:
Thanks Andy :) you seem a lovely fella only wish I could help to get your's up & running as it's been far too long. :cry:

I will get it done (all down to time and dosh as usual...) sometime and I wish that you could help too :D

Got the Bus out today as promised. The Mrs & I went for a little cruz out to The Swan at Swineford between Bristol & Bath
had a pint of Gem with a homemade cheese burger & gert big proper chips, my good lady & she has been good lately had cod done in beer batter mushy peas & those chips, bloody lovely.
the funny thing is she thinks she hasn't got to cook to night & I'm starting to feel a bit hungry :shock: :lol:

DSCN1738.jpg

I even managed to park the Bus straightish. :) went well considering its freezing usual flat spots when cold, OK after about
5 miles out so can't complain as I love driving it in this sort of weather. :mrgreen:

Nice photo and glad the food was up to speck 8)

Has the wife realised she will have to cook yet ;)

Well it turned out my Wife was just as hungry as me & is out in kitchen now. :shock: :D
Hungry work driving these Buses. :roll:

louiebuddy016.jpg

This is what the Dogs are doing, lovely innit. :lol:

T'was a nice sunny day today and the roads were bone dry too looks like you had a good drive out...........guess what I was doing :?: You guessed it rebuilding the bus :roll: We better have a great Spring :lol:

Just

svda009distributor002.jpg

Finally managed to get round to doin a few job's on the Bus the main one to change 009 Dizzy to a SVDA (single vacum dual advance) which is basically a hybrid of the old stock vac dizzy with a mechanical advance as the 009 dizzy :?
svda009distributor004.jpg

Took about 20mins inclusive of setting the timing now got a spare 009 with electronic ignition ready installed, think i'll keep it for my future stroker. :lol:
Went for a spin, much smoother take-off with no noticed flat spot, seems to stay in 4th longer on hills, so a deffo improvement me thinks. ;)

svda009distributor003.jpg

The engine bay looks right to my eye's now with that vac on the Dizzy. :D

This is what i've been waiting for me 68 Wiper-Arms & Blades, well we got there in the end & it was well worth it. :D
It was a real shame to get them out the packet. :(
svda009distributor005.jpg

I can't thank Rocket Ron enough for making this happen for a few of us Fellas on here, we had a bit of a cockup but we got there, Ron even delivered them in person to my door. :shock: I thought we were meeting at McDonalds in Briz. :lol: :lol: :? Anyway we got to meet & he wasn't grumpy, & really liked my Bus :shock: :oops:
Which was nice from a Legend like Ron. :lol:
svda009distributor007.jpg

svda009distributor006.jpg

Me thinks me Bus has the Wipers & Arms it deserves. :mrgreen:

Been down N Devon for Big Sunday, I have a bit of a problem :( not a over heating but a Dynamo bearing, apart from that it went well & the old Exmoor hills were no problem even towing the Camp-let Trailer Tent. :D
The poor fella in the photo with the L.B running a 2.7 Porsche lump was over heating had to be towed off the campsite. :shock: :(

svda009distributor023.jpg

svda009distributor030.jpg

Before the Rain :lol: came home early :( it was a shame as it was a lovely location & would of been one of the best shows going weather permitting with top quality vehicles to match. 8)

Beautiful bus - really like it :) Sea Blue is one of my favourite VW colours too! 8)

Good to see that you're really enjoying it, too :)

That looked a nice gathering Brett, didnt it ever rain today :roll: Driving home earlier was interesting..........

Just

Came home last night Just, knew it was going to rain all day to day so made the most of yesterday, met some nice peeps most of them with Dog's & Buses :lol: .

That one was taken by me, it was was my daughter taking the others.
Monday was a lovely day so got packed down and home in the dry.