68 RHD Sunroof Deluxe From up North to Wales

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D@VEY

Reaction score
Hi all this is my first Aircooled had plenty of Vws in the past.Had him for year and a half now been to quite a few shows still learning but arent we all :) .These are the photos of the van that got sent to me before I made the long trip up North to Durham to Buy him.Lots been done since these were taken ill get them up later.

g8.jpg

g7.jpg

g4.jpg

g6.jpg

g1.jpg

g3.jpg

g2.jpg

g5.jpg

Nice buy!

RHD '68s are hard to keep on the road, I have a tintop bus - but you have to keep them going huh?

Let me know if you need any help with your bus, Andy-van who did the shell work on my bus is not too far from you in Cwmguil at the end of the M4.

8)

Always nice to see an old UK bus on the road, especially a 68 ;)
Got to ask but is that a steel sunroof I see tucked away in that internal shot? also the air vents which would have gone into the door armrests suggest a very early sunroof deluxe, mega rare in rhd.
Post your m codes on here and I'm sure someone can work it out for you.
Good luck with the bus and post some more pics up. :)

wibbler said:
Always nice to see an old UK bus on the road, especially a 68 ;)
Got to ask but is that a steel sunroof I see tucked away in that internal shot? also the air vents which would have gone into the door armrests suggest a very early sunroof deluxe, mega rare in rhd.
Post your m codes on here and I'm sure someone can work it out for you.
Good luck with the bus and post some more pics up. :)
Hi i did the M plate thing came back as production date Sep 68 and well spotted it has got a metal sunroof fully working.I had a thread in the General section about getting rid of the westy roof not sure what to do I prefer the look without it. These are the M-code results.

M-Plate content
Model Type 2 (T2) mod. 244(0) - Micro bus deluxe, 8 seater, RHD
Chassis number 249017695
Serial number 017 695
Modelyear 1969
Production date September 03 ,1968
Type of engine Type 1 (B0) - 1584cc, 37 kW (50 bhp DIN)
Type of transmission Manual 4-speed gearbox
Paint color Color upper part : L581 - Cloud White
Color lower part : L50H - Brillant Blue
Interior color (doorpanels and seats) 40 - *** Unknown ***
Destination England

M-CODES
M-CODE Description Concerned models From chassis number To chassis number
396 Specifications for Great Britain
Collection of M-codes: M 008/020/061/196 - 2x8 000 001 2x9 300 000
008 Without battery -
020 Speedometer and odometer in Milesin miles 211-274

061 Type labelling of seat mounting and identification plate for England and Ireland -
196 Asymetrical headlights, RHD (depending on type) -

Hi,
Love the van...just wondered if it's the 2-4" EZ Rider kit that you have used...?
Also, have dropped the rear...?
If so, buy how much?
Cheers
Al

Bundy said:
Hi,
Love the van...just wondered if it's the 2-4" EZ Rider kit that you have used...?
Also, have dropped the rear...?
If so, buy how much?
Cheers
Al
Hi Al
Yes it's the 2-4" EZ Rider kit have not touched the rear it does look like its sagging a bit though!
Cheers
Davey

Hi Davey,

Is the kit on the front wound all the way down...so like a 4" drop?
It just looks pretty level, and I would have thought you'd need to drop the rear a notch to level it out?
Unless the sag has done that for you...think mine looks similar height at the rear.
My kits on order...just hoping it gets the overall drop low enought to get in the garage!!

Cheers
Al

Is that painted delux waist line trim ;)

Bundy said:
Hi Davey,

Is the kit on the front wound all the way down...so like a 4" drop?
It just looks pretty level, and I would have thought you'd need to drop the rear a notch to level it out?
Unless the sag has done that for you...think mine looks similar height at the rear.
My kits on order...just hoping it gets the overall drop low enought to get in the garage!!

Cheers
Al
Yeah thats pretty much at the bottom.someone before me may have dropped the back a bit!

easy said:

Yes the numpty before me painted it.
Ive stripped the paint off now though and its back to how it should be.

D@VEY said:
easy said:

Yes the numpty before me painted it.
Ive stripped the paint off now though and its back to how it should be.

Nice work chap, top bus 8)

Thanks it looks better in pictures than it is! Im trying to get some money together to get it painted.Not sure what colour to go with? Probably change the Cream to white and maybe a lighter blue on the bottom.

Wow - It looks totally different without the Westy roof. Did you have this van at the Pencoed show last year? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere......

I think I've got some spare corner deluxe trim if you're intersted ;)

Spence said:
Wow - It looks totally different without the Westy roof. Did you have this van at the Pencoed show last year? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere......

I think I've got some spare corner deluxe trim if you're intersted ;)

Yeah sure did have it at Pencoed.Should be going this year too one of the best days of weather for a show last year. :D
Yes to the trim depends on price money shortage at the mo.All of it tied up for the new coat of paint next week. :)

Latest posts