68 RHD Sunroof Deluxe From up North to Wales

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its going to be a while till the Bay is done so i picked up a Beetle to keep Aircooled till its done..
:mrgreen:

klaud004.jpg

D@vey,
wow.Do you have much history with the bus.Also did it have the usa style rear reverse lights when you bare metalled it.If not did it have weird holes front and back about 6mm wide?
I ask as i believe you are restoring a genuine rhd deluxe sunroof model.I also believe that the paint colour is south african, however the m-codes say otherwise.Maybe an export collect on your holiday model! who knows.Now you have my intrest and as much help as you need
Scott

Hi Scott
No rear light holes. not sure what you mean about the other holes?
Have not got any history just that a guy up north had him before me.
I do beleave its a genuine deluxe sunroof model not that i knew it when i bought it.
Thanks
Davey

well the ambo step is a south african only thing as far as i know in rhd anyway.The internal colour looks very south african.Has it got a wee little plate behind the drivers seat...if so whats the letters/numbers

Got some work done.All panels media blasted where needed rust treatment and etch primed!

panelrustetch002.jpg

panelrustetch001.jpg

panelrustetch004.jpg

panelrustetch003.jpg

panelrustetch005.jpg

panelrustetch006.jpg

panelrustetch007.jpg

Missed this one :shock:

Brilliant work done so far, very impressive 8)

Are you spraying the parts before being welded on? If so, is it just to protect them?

Cheers ;)

Bit of both really nice to get a coat of something on the panel before they start going back together.Some of it will have have to be taken off for the welding.The weather is not the best at minute for bare panels! :D
Hope to start getting it put back together soon.!!
Need to fix the drainage first that was the whole reason I started cutting bits off in the first place.. :rofl: :rofl:

D@VEY said:
Need to fix the drainage first that was the whole reason I started cutting bits off in the first place.. :rofl: :rofl:

Nuff said ;)

Last bit of the roof done now. Getting ready for protection and Etch primer tomorrow.

roofdone001.jpg

roofdone002.jpg

roofdone003.jpg

roofdone004.jpg

roofdone005.jpg

Got some more parts cleaned up today ready for Rust prevention and etch prime.Treated the the bare roof metal also.

rooftreat002.jpg

rooftreat001.jpg

rooftreat003.jpg

rooftreat006.jpg

Got chance to do a few hours down the garage.Made some channels and welded them in..Got to try to remember how the the sliding roof goes back in!!!!!!!

vr1.jpg

vr2.jpg

vr3.jpg

Etch primed and a quick cote of paint to the areas that are going to be covered up for protection. Going to spray some Bilt and Hamber in there!!!
http://www.bilthamber.com/pro-introduction.php?cname=Corrosion%20Prevention&name=dynax%20S50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vr4.jpg

vr5.jpg

just read this and must say its nice to see something being done correctly.....keep going fella looking forward to seeing it in some nice paint :mrgreen:

ste

Engine bay media blasted now got the worst off not mint but good enough to get back on the road!

eb1.jpg

eb2.jpg

eb3.jpg

eb4.jpg

Painted the new skins and the inside of the doors so they will stand and better chance of not rusting again! :mrgreen:
The vans not going Red its just some 2k paint I had to use up!

d1-1.jpg

d2-1.jpg

d3-1.jpg

Been busy with all the new metal for the roof! it will be a bit of a Frankinstein but im sure he will be nice enough in the end!!!!!

vr1-1.jpg

vr2-1.jpg

vr5-1.jpg

vr7.jpg

vr3-1.jpg

vr3-1.jpg

vr4-1.jpg

Put the 3 side bits on to see how things are going to be before welding!
It is not as bad as i thought.

vr8.jpg

Looking really good is that :D

When do you think it will be in as a on piece roof then?

Latest posts