69 bay pedal pan type?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dveedub

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm trying to source the pedal pan (the protective metal pan for the pedal mechanism screwed to the two opposing chassis rails underneath the cab floor) for my 69 bay and I believe there are two types/shapes for that year as that part was a cross over part for that year. I can't seem to find out which half of the year my bus was manufactured so am not completely sure which type of pan fits my bus. Im pretty sure the early 69 pan is the same as the 68 one and is longer and possibly thinner than all others whilst the late 69 is shorter and wider like the rest of the later pans. I was wondering if anyone had any photo's of this particular area of the underneath of there buses so I can compare to mine and check the distance of the two opposing chassis rails and see the overall setup underneath to try and find out which pan fits my bus.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks.

Easy way to determine which type you need is to look under your bus at the holes it screws into, imagine you are looking for the rearmost holes, if you look just just in front of the beam, there will either be a single hole, or 2 holes about 2" apart, the earlier 67-69 splashpan has a single hole in the centre at the back and the later 69-71 has the 2 holes.
They are both pretty much the same size (longer than the later ones) and I think either one will fit anyway, you may just have to drill new holes.

Cheers.

Hi, thats great, thank you for that I will go and have a look.

Regards,

Dave.

easy way is does it have the front chassis y shape out rigger 69 on or single front chassis leg thats 68 -early 69

Latest posts