69 delta green westfalia restoration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you spot the obvious mistake? They gave me an 'H' plate :( , instead of a 'G'. Pisser! I'm too excited to bother.

I popped round as soon as i had my plate but you weren't there! you're a very trusting young man.

I'll call again soon.

Yeah, i'm on the road :D :D :D

didn't notice the plate. Can you get it changed? would prefer a G if it were mine.

I ran out of jobs to do until the beam arrives, then i will be camping out on the drive till its done....

Looking forward to having a closer look at your 69

ant

I'm just far too excited to do anything about it! Maybe i'll notice in the winter and badger them then! It's taken 3 year to get to driving her, so i don't want to have to wait any longer.

When's a good time to call?

leons bus after a little visit tonight.

good to see you fella, gutted when you and steve drove up the road. Really need to get mine on the road asap.

20052008453.jpg

Well I've had some fun driving about, now i need to start on the interior/ seat belts, mmm, a big jigsaw(if you have a moonraker conversion, would love some measurements of the runners,on the buddy seat, cheers). Done a couple of little jobs, as well as striping the panels, and having a damned good clean. Pics of the interior to follow, but here's a couple of the little jobs.

2008_0527van20030.jpg

I think i got the new plate straight.

2008_0527van20031.jpg

Shiney bits above the window, came from my old van.
Ratty resto cal all the way! 8)

Well, it's been a while, but i've finally finished my house project and i'm now sorting out van things ready for my honeymoon to spain. Somewhere to sleep mainly and seat belts.
It's been a bit of a big jigsaw but i'm finally getting there. I didn't really think about the problems (when buying the moonraker interior) i'd have fitting the interior to a left hand van! Oh well, it was cheap and it'll have to do for now. Please note all mods are reversable.
Here's a few pics to be getting on with :)

2008_0704van30039.jpg

2008_0704van30050.jpg

Here's a job i didn't enjoy! Cutting the wood! Although it does get easier with each cut.

2008_0704van30041.jpg

All nice, now for the other side!

2008_0704van30049-1.jpg

This is the sink and water container, it needed a nogging taking out to feed the belt.
No more interior pics for now will post the rest tomorrow!

twobenderssteve came round to help replace the flywheel oil seal( cheers matey :wink: ) and this was the result :oops:

2008_0704van30070.jpg

2008_0704van30071.jpg

Luckly i had a spare, and no real damage done!
He also brought round a set of air shocks which i have fitted, just check the difference after pumping them with just a foot pump!
before
2008_0704van30072.jpg

after
2008_0704van30073.jpg

Baja bus :D
The ride is so smooth now!
WHY! I hear you shout out, well, when you're travelling 1400 miles in 4 days, with wife and 3 kids and camping gear, i decided a slammed front end would be impractical, and it's just a cut and turned front beam. I can always lower it once there :)

If your thinking it didn't look that low before, then that'll be because i'd just been lowered off of the jack and hadn't settled.

Right, i've got my interior in, with floor and seat belts and everything.
I'm really pleased with it, even though i'm not able to use it to it's full, being in a left hand van.
Spain here we come
Here's the pics.

2008_0715interior0086.jpg

Check them orange curtains. Nice one mum 8)

2008_0715interior0087.jpg

Got a seat belt on the buddy seat without too much of a faff.

2008_0715interior0088.jpg

Misses wanted the cooker to swing, so i had to make a new bracket for the other side.

2008_0715interior0090.jpg

And one of the floor. Great tiles from homebase!

Cheers. :)
It was a find i must admit. The guy who sold it absolutly hated it with a passion :? , and agreed almost instantly to my £300 offer. It just shows there are still some bargins to be had :)
Ideally i would have bought a westy interior, but some offers are too good to turn down.

Anyways i'll be interested to see pics of yours, back from the woodwork shop.

Cheers ant, having a lovely time.
Arrived yesterday at my mum and dads, in south east spain, near alicante.
Got lots of beeps and waves from other road users on the way down. No real issues, except my stereo burnt out, due to wires getting trapped in my handbrake :( . i´ll fix it whilst i´m here. Also i got a oil leak onto my heat exchanger, which causes some smoke every now and then, but now for some beer and sun.
Hope everything went ok for you on your big day, i´m about to look a you thread now :)

Yeah, made it :) , on the back of a tow truck :( . Think i dropped a valve or seized some rings 3 miles from home. ready to investigate.
Pics to follow.

Cheers Bessie.
After closer inspection, it turned out to be my points that had mashed :oops: . The reason i jumped to the wrong conclusion was, when it happened i couldn't turn the engine over by hand.
The old girl did me proud! :) Happy end to a happy trip!

Latest posts