69 delta green westfalia restoration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have put your bin away! :mrgreen:

well done everybody, give yourselves a house point. :D

hi,how are you getting on with your air shocks,was thinking of putting some on mine,where did you get them from thanks nik

My wife asked me to do some polishing today, i don't know if this was what she had in mind. :lol:

before:-

DSCF2655.jpg

after:-

DSCF2656.jpg

Bought these off mattp at the volksworld show, along with a 944 front brake setup, Cheers matt. Hoping to get it all on before bustypes.
Also wondering, should i, or shouldn't i detail them?

NICE ! please let me know when they are on or giz a shout if you need and help. steve p.s big motor next !! pps don't tell anyone on here but am thinking of seeing if i can swap phill for a pop top splitscreen !!!!

steve give your head a shake!! don't sell phil.

Leon the wheel looks awesome glad it polished up well. I still reckon you should leave the detail. The one you've done looks on the money to me. You could always paint them up after.

leon said:

Yes, I think you should - but not the bit that comes down in to the main spoke. i.e.

babyfuch.jpg

two benders steve said:
pps don't tell anyone on here but am thinking of seeing if i can swap phill for a pop top splitscreen !!!!

Sounds good, but would be a real shame, as ant says!

I know what you mean ant! But when you look at the detailed ones, they also look really nice.
They didn't just polish up either. Had to sand the surface in various degrees of wet and dry! It's going to be a long job :roll:

mcvw said:
leon said:

Yes, I think you should - but not the bit that comes down in to the main spoke. i.e.

babyfuch.jpg

Decisions!!!!

Was gona say leave them as they are but after seeing them on Airtimes bus you've gota detail them. Either way they look cool as.. 8)

SteveGTU said:
Was gona say leave them as they are but after seeing them on Airtimes bus you've gota detail them. Either way they look cool as.. 8)

Ay up steve, i've decided to keep them as is!
Never managed to get them grills fitted that you sent me, man they are a ball ache!

I've still not fitted that window of yours yet, keep meaning to do it but then read what a shit it is to refit window rubbers but atleast its in the dry now. Been looking at fitting 3 point seatbelts in the back as the kids only have lap belts at the mo which makes it too easy for them to start a scrap every f##king time !! I do have tappings below the back windows so should'nt be a prob. Will those wheels bolt straight on ? 8)

If you've fitted them grills, then a window rubber'd seem like a walk in the park :lol: . I was once told to soak them in hot water before installing. Apparently it softens the rubber, and makes it easier to pull the string out! I've never tried it, but i will next time i replace window rubbers.
The rear hubs will have adapters on, and the front brakes are being ditched in favour of porsche 944 discs, so the front wheels'll bolt straight on.

roland said:
hey, this is nice..

Was wondering what front brakes model you got?

I really don't know which model they are, but they are exactly the same as these. http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love your bay!

I am looking for my first bay (lots of VWs though) and would love to find one just like yours with the green because it's exactly like my grandfathers when I was a kid.

My first post, hi to everyone love the forum

Brian Watts said:
Love your bay!

I am looking for my first bay (lots of VWs though) and would love to find one just like yours with the green because it's exactly like my grandfathers when I was a kid.

My first post, hi to everyone love the forum

Hello and welcome, thanks for the coms.
I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for in california! This bus may well of been your grandfathers, as it too is from cal land! Small world if it was.

Latest posts