69 Montana Red Panel Van - the new shop bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
Well its finally arrived, little bit more work than I hoped but hey its a rust free shell so apart from a couple of small bits on the cab floor its a sound panel van.

Futbus brake kit already sat in the unit, transporterhaus dropped spindles on the way and looking for a narrowed balljoint beam with adjusters to complete the front end, horseshoe plates also sat waiting.

Will update once the work starts in a few weeks (once a couple of customer buses are MOT'd and collected)

L1030074.jpg

L1030077.jpg

L1030076.jpg

L1030075.jpg

L1030078.jpg

L1030079.jpg

Nice bus there Graham , I'm after a westy interior for my '69 project, how much for those westy parts shipped to San Diego :lol:

that will look great once your fitted some windows and sprayed it 'westy' white :mrgreen:

Nice bus, although I think Montana Pink may be a better discription of the colour ;)

now get it slammed!

Thanks for the comments but its staying as a panel van, no westy conversions :| :| , yep colour is a bit pink but had a quick polish on the b post on the drivers side and its definitely red underneath the oxidised paint.

Off course it will be slammed, (well mildly) give me a chance,

No real updates as been working on customer buses but these arrived this morning from Alex at Transporterhaus

and these arrived a couple of weeks ago from Dave at Futbus

We are acting as dealers/stockists in the midlands for both of these companies so seemed sensible to fit them to the shop bus so people could see what they are like, parts will be available for inspection on the 1st May at our open day, whether they are fitted to a bus or just on show is another matter :lol: :lol:

see what you mean about your forum sig being a bit flattering :D - will look really nice when done, still in love with your old blue panel, something about vans that just look right 8)

Larry

Don't worry mate by the time I've finished with it, it will look quite close to the signature :lol: :lol:

lard said:
see what you mean about your forum sig being a bit flattering :D - will look really nice when done, still in love with your old blue panel, something about vans that just look right 8)

I overtook that Blue Panel on the M4 heading towards J8/9 you could still see Midland Early bay on the side despite the stickers being removed.

Des

Hi Des

Yes Dave that bought it lives in the Maidenhead area so that would make sense, hes posted on here a couple of times as Pistachio

Ths sig bus is sweet, love the redwalls but not sure about the wheel choice :lol: Look forward to seeing it finished dude :D

Latest posts