'70 Westy resto begins.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barkafer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my new project. hopefully here mid December. Bit rough but very restorable.

choppedconvertandnewwesty028.jpg

choppedconvertandnewwesty033.jpg

choppedconvertandnewwesty037.jpg

Rear of front wheelarches need some love
SANY0489.jpg

SANY0486.jpg

Both rockers need replacing
SANY0490.jpg

SANY0487.jpg

Rear arches seem ok. Had some filler at some stage in the front part
SANY0488.jpg

SANY0491.jpg

Underneath not too bad. Hope the pans aren't hiding too much
SANY0492.jpg

Front floor has isolated rot
SANY0493.jpg

That's the rusty bits. here's the fairly complete interior
SANY0494.jpg

SANY0496.jpg

And finally the DP motor
SANY0495.jpg

Should be at port next week ready to sail early Dec. :D

Congrats!!! I like it!! :D

I love the pics. I learn so much about my bus just by looking at everyone's pics. I noticed in one of your pics, the one shooting up toward the folding cot, that my cot is missing it's straps. I didn't even know it had them, now I do. So gives me something else to ad to my list.

Can't wait to see more of it, when you get it! :D

LOL, Yah I had that dream once too. Then I drove mine. LOL I have to say that the dream is finally becoming reality for me. :D Still need a lot of replacement parts on the front end, but he does drive decent now. I love driving him around town. :D You'll soon know that same feeling!!! :D

Cool ride. I love the open air bunk!!! :D

looks nice chris, that should keep you busy for a bit :) are you going for a full resto ? or get it on the road ready for summer ?nearly finished all my welding :D

norm said:
looks nice chris, that should keep you busy for a bit :) are you going for a full resto ? or get it on the road ready for summer ?nearly finished all my welding :D

Never mind the Bus, have you finished that bathroom yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't hang about :D I can't wait to see some photo's (you have been taking photo's haven't you Justin?)
Get some on a resto thread and lets see what you been up to. (photobucket.com is a good way to do it)

I am just gonna Mot the bus and drive it to some shows this summer :D There's a bit of welding to do first tho :msn4:

Nice on Chris! Looking forward to seeing this one roll in to an ADK meet in the future. Might have to pop round for a visit by return when it lands :)

Mike

Looks a good project :) Finally getting my 69 out of the garage tomorrow for the work to begin! Maybe ill start a thread aswell!! :D

madness said:

Well? Where's the pics of the new arrival? :D :D You must be pretty excited. I know when I first got mine home, first thing I did was give it the "making it mine" bath! :D Can't wait for an update.

I got plenty of photo's, just not had a chance to load them up yet. My missus and little one have been poorly so I've been otherwise engaged. :( They are both a little better now so I will get downloading.

I will say the bus is more complete than I first thought, with the rear fly screen and stool included along with the childs cot, sink and buddy seat. Also has the original vinyl flooring and everything is in remarkable condition for it's age! :D
The rust isn't too extensive either.
Rockers are f**ked and battery tray. Needs front step repairs and a couple of small patches in the front floor so far. Need to dig a bit, but looks fairly solid for an East coast bus.
Surface rust in a few places. A respray is due :roll:
All I need to complete the bus is a panel set, a rear bumper and the canvas for the pop top. :D

Latest posts