71 Bay Resto Custom

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outlaw said:
Your not wrong - I guess i will be camping on my own in the corner of the fields --- lol
As it happens, I think you'll find you're wrong and the vast majority of people, who have already seen a thousand imported beige shiney deluxe busses with roof-racks, coolers etc will flock to see something different. I will if I see you. Like it or not isn't the point - it's different - it has style. You know that mate - don't loose the faith. :)

A little bit more done
enginecoverpainted001.jpg

enginecoverpainted003.jpg

enginecoverpainted002.jpg

enginecoverpainted005.jpg

Yes after I finish painting its next not sure how big to go with the build of the motor as I want to use it as and when but the detail work will be off the scale fancy ally and tin work and paint -
-Thanks for your comments

Dale

Little update a few more bits have been done
gladystailgate005.jpg

gladystailgate004.jpg

bumper005.jpg

bumper006.jpg

Getting there slowly parts needed soon 1/4 lights cab handles sender unit if you can help please pm

This bus crosses so many boundaries and will offend lots of purists but I like it. :D

I particularly like the effort you've put into the creation. A true labour of love created by a talented tradesman.

aspro said:
This bus crosses so many boundaries and will offend lots of purists but I like it. :D

I particularly like the effort you've put into the creation. A true labour of love created by a talented tradesman.
Thank you for comments it is what it is a Custom Bus

More nice touches added to make it your own. Its like a homage to all them street machine magazines that got me through my teenage years. Good to see the skills still exist and someone brave enough to go out on a limb to make things really their own.

Loving that roof. Should my plans to rejuvenate my sunroof fail i know what i'll do instead lol

keep em coming now the suns out again

top job

Nugsy said:
More nice touches added to make it your own. Its like a homage to all them street machine magazines that got me through my teenage years. Good to see the skills still exist and someone brave enough to go out on a limb to make things really their own.

Loving that roof. Should my plans to rejuvenate my sunroof fail i know what i'll do instead lol

keep em coming now the suns out again

top job
I had two of my other cars featured in Street Machine all those years ago
prometroatthepod001.gif

metro12_thumb.jpg

standard8-30001.jpg

standard8-28001.jpg

A small update windows are tinted and now back in the inside has been started so we are getting there at last
betterpics001.jpg

[
betterpics003.jpg

IMG]http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/outlaw0a37/Gladys/betterpics006.jpg[/IMG]
badberryrings034.jpg

bitsandbobs024.jpg

bitsandbobs023.jpg

bitsandbobs019-1.jpg

Little update on the bus
Jag rear seat has been fitted in the front along with golf seat belts - the rear has been now trimed in finish timber and polished - Solid oak floors are now also down along with trim strips,
Cab doors are built the windows left to tint / Rear overiders are now all fabricated will be fitted tomorrow - Skat shifter now also fitted -
-Next job is to drop the motor out and top and tail - bigger engine build in the winter - make a walnut headliner -
HELP HELP - NEEDED - TRIM UPHOLSTERY WORK - WIRING
allyfinishers004.jpg

allyfinishers006.jpg

jagseatsetup001.jpg

jagseatsetup002.jpg

yellowlights001.jpg

betterpics001.jpg

Hi all yes still plodding on with the Gladys -
Progress report - i have now completed a polished wood headliner like the floor and seat base -
The engine is now rebuilt and has been upgraded to a 1641 - not back in as a i have a little bit of wiring to finish.
Most of the rewire is now done after my ex son in law messed it up like you could not believe
engine bay has all new detail tin work
Front and rear bumper have fitted with the hand fabricated overriders
I am now busy making seat base and backing panels ready to be trimmed.

The list is getting smaller

I still need parts -
32/36 weber
swamp cooler
nice exhaust system

Latest posts