'71 Deluxe oh Patina!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing progress Chris! It's wild that the road requirements over your way are so stiff.. Here (in SC), as long as it's titled, tagged, and insured, it's legal. We used to have inspections, but they did away with that back in the '90s. My '68 has waay more rust than your bus, and I drive it regularly.

I hope you're still happy with the '71! Let me know if you want those bulkhead panels and we'll figure something out as far as shipping. They were not original to this bus, but they are original '71 9 passenger bulkhead panels in matching upholstery.

Later man!

Nice thread, lovin the story so far and nice bus, whereabouts in Lincs are ya dude ?

close then mate, only a couple of bits to get sorted and then you're rolling.

i'd be interested in a lincoln get together if we can arrange one as there's quite a few people on here from these parts

allthewayalive said:
Amazing progress Chris! It's wild that the road requirements over your way are so stiff.. Here (in SC), as long as it's titled, tagged, and insured, it's legal. We used to have inspections, but they did away with that back in the '90s. My '68 has waay more rust than your bus, and I drive it regularly.

I hope you're still happy with the '71! Let me know if you want those bulkhead panels and we'll figure something out as far as shipping. They were not original to this bus, but they are original '71 9 passenger bulkhead panels in matching upholstery.

Later man!

Gregg, I am definately interested in the panels dude. We will work something out in due course. I'm over the moon with the Bus man and so are the kids! I was driving through town today with my daughter and she saw some of Alex's school friends.
Feedback is; 'It's the coolest Bus they have ever seen!' Does that make the old man cool then?:lol:
When the sun went down I was definately very cool! Gotta fix up the heater system next :lol:

The Bus passed the Mot :D . Just happens to be my eldest sons 16th birthday too, so I treated him to a ride in the Bus to the Mot and then a blast back home. Awsome :D :D :D :mrgreen:

Thanks for the feedback chaps, a Lincoln meet would be great, I am in the very South of the County, 10 miles from Peterborough.

Got my new camera phone working now :roll: .
Here's some shots of some of the work on the cargo floor. I patched it up using the off cuts from the bulkhead and a repro door skin. Not up to my usual standard, but I just wanted the ticket as soon as! Will eventually replace the whole cargo floor.
Chaos!
DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

Fitted the new (black) Sachs shocks I bought from Paul at T2D. Did me a bit of a deal and gave me some stickers. What a nice man!
DSC00033.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

She's rubbing on the chassis rail at the rear. Will need a notchin!
DSC00040.jpg

Underside of the new battery tray.
DSC00042.jpg

And finally some shots of the 1st Mot day.
DSC00016.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

My dream Bus! :mrgreen:
371059469521.jpg

My reality Bus! :D
P1010212.jpg

Got my reg no. through the other day and ordered some new black plates from fleabay!
I was having a bit of bother with a misfire so I swapped the 009 with Petronix Ignitor for a spare 009 I had kicking about with points and condenser in it.
Stopped misfiring now. It was running a bit lean too so I gave her a bit more juice. Runs nice an sweet now.
Heading out to Sunny Hunny (Hunstanton) for fish and chips this Sunday with the crew from my local club Alldubzklub.
It will be the maiden cruise for the bus and me and the kids are really excited :D
I just hope she doesn't shred her drive shaft boots as she is running a bit too low at the rear. I collected the kids from school today and noticed when I got back that a clip has pinged off. :roll:
I think I will have to bring her up a spline short term while I gather the funds to treat her to a notching and some adjustable spring plates.
I am so happy with this Bus, she's awesome! and the missus and kids love her too.

Great result and look on the money - yours looks just as good as your dream bus picture 8)

Happy New Year folks!
Not posted for a while due to other commitments (like having to buy a new boiler, repair the fecking dishwasher and paint the boys bedroom!), but I have managed to find time (and money!) to purchase some 2nd hand twin Dellorto drla 40's along with manifolds and a new CB linkage kit. All in cost about £370.00 inc some new idle jets and gaskets.
Just got to fit them and tune them. Wish me luck!

I might have gone and bought another '71 Chianti Deluxe :shock:

Google this ( Rev. Z. Willis Gosteli's photostream ) for a butchers if you like! Feedback is welcome :D

I have the sickness bad! :lol:
Havn't had time to fit the Dell's yet. Mental at work.

Uh oh... someone has a Well Worn Chianti Red Deluxe Fetish...

5311059066_a91a6ba5dd_z.jpg

Chris... you must be like :party0053:

Very nice! love the story so far. sounds like you're having great fun doing it. :D would look amazing with the radars ;)

dude... i think with a nice set of rims your bus will be better than your dream van.

your bus would be my dream van ;)

enjoy it :D :D

Thanks for the kind words man.
I agree she needs some bling in the rim dept. I will have to source some, but got to get a new steering box first as it's fookin hard work at the mo. had me literally sweating from excertion when I took her out in the wind last sunday :shock:
still, at least it keeps me warm :D

Latest posts