A couple of cable questions and a thing :0)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendy

Reaction score
Hi

Just had a good day doing lots of little jobs including connecting the clutch and throttle cables but a couple of things have got me wondering... :?
This pic of the clutch cable...am I right in thinking there's a bit of tubing or conduit or something missing to protect the cable from fouling on that bit of chassis (or whatever it is called :roll: :lol: )?
None of the books I've got seem to show much at all tbh!

7.jpg

And then the throttle cable coming through the fan housing...have I done this right? I've got the metal conduit tube thing in but it seems in danger of slipping back through as it is smaller than the hole it comes through.

4.jpg

And then one last thing if anyone has read this far done the post! :msn4:
I has this bit left after putting the dash back in...can anyone tell me what it is? I'm guessing it's a bit more important than the odd screw left at the end of an ikea flat-pack build :lol:

thing.jpg

Thanks

W x

Yep you should have a conduit on the clutch cable.

Pull out the throttle conduit and put a washer behind the fluted end of it to stop it dissappearing!

Dunno where the dash piece is from, does it go with the hand brake?

As who? says. The clutch conduit is called a bowden tube and makes it smoother letter out the clutch - it'll grab and judder without it as you try and pull off.
Yes looks like part of the handbrake.

the spare bit of metal goes from the steering column bolt in edge of dash and back to airbox,shame on you zed thought you would know that one :shock:

67panel said:
the spare bit of metal goes from the steering column bolt in edge of dash and back to airbox,shame on you zed thought you would know that one :shock:
:lol: They're all mullered on mine... It's on it's third front panel and everything inside is reworked with a large hammer and crowbar to get it fitting. I don't think I have one at all. :shock:

I drive an early, but I restore rusty late ones. :)

67panel said:
its only fitted from 70 to 72 :roll:
Never mind - I don't care mate, I've given up and clearing my units. I can earn booger all sitting at home. :) A nice job in B&Q seems attractive right now. How's it for you, I thought Graham gave you the boot?

Latest posts