A very strange rev counter incident.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doz

Reaction score
So I'm bombing around the new forest last night after giving the bus new shocks and a oil change when one of my HT leads pops off. No big shakes I hear you cry but it's done something daft to the rev counter. Since the rebuild and changing of 3rd and 4th ratios 50mph has been reading 3k rpm. Which is what i wanted. My cruising speed is 55 so this puts the cooling just into it's optimum range. However as I was close to home last night when the lead fell off I just nursed it the last half mile home but the rev counter started saying 50 was 3500 rpm. I haven't had a chance to test the rev counter since I got in but now I'm confused as to why it did that. I know the gearing can't change so just wondered why the rev counter has had a hissy fit. I'm running a Petronix eleccy ignition on a 009 dizzy with a flame thrower coil.

Thats cos it would back feed coil and give a false pulse ,not a good idea to do that with elecy ign cos can blow module up :shock: prob work ok with lead back on 8)

Latest posts