Accuspark Ignition

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magoo

Reaction score
My accuspark ignition died after very short use. Deciding whether to replace with another or go the whole hog and upgrade to a 123 RV ignition system instead. So how long has your accuspark lasted you? Was I unlucky?

I've only had mine running for a few months but in that time drove to southern spain and back on it, so done plenty of mileage and no issues so far.

I have their SVDA Dizzy fitted to mine for over 3 years with no issues, IMO it's the best £50 I spent on the Bus.

Mine lasted a few days... Then fitted a powerspark one which lasted a day, back to points.

Mine lasted just fine, but I did discover that the curve wasn't quite right. From 7 deg it only would advance to around 22. My 123 rv is really really good......

Try paruzzi in Netherlands, you'll get a good price

Is the 123 difficult to set up? Had a look on Paruzzi web site looking around 249euro, do you think they would do a better price? Uk distributors are £305 ish

That's a good price so cheers for the link. I've been offered one through the forum assuming it all goes through. Trying to avoid buying from Europe to avoid a week long wait, need something urgently.

sean69, I've been told that it is worth upgrading to the next one up.

Cheers guys have emailed Paruzzi waiting for their reply.Have just replaced my carb with a 32/36 progressive Weber(only works with a 009) so thought the 123 would be be a great upgrade for optimum performance,have read positive feedback about them.

my empi accu fire which is supposedly the same module as lumeniton magnetronic (certainly looks identical in pics) lasted 700 miles..

My new 123 died on the panel van the other night after all of 30 miles, the UK dealer is Southern carburettors.

I ran out of time and put in another accuspark. The rotor arm was bent, so nabbed the one from the fried accuspark. I was still planning to go for the 123, because there's no point waiting around for this one to die. Now the newish 123 I received was fried and now yours Graham, perhaps these things need to be carefully set up or are just as unreliable as the others? :?

I think Dan at vintagespeed has 123s as well, try him.

I have one on my 1600 bay with a VS tuned exhaust and twin 34 webers and I must say they all work together well in "F" setting on the dizzy.

Only had it a few months though so hope it lasts!
Cheers,
DON

My accuspark has been on around 18 months I think and I'm very pleased with the results.

interesting feedback on the 123 distributor, I've done perhaps 1500 to 2000 miles on mine and its still great. When I get to 80000 I'll say its reliable....but for now its faultless

I've got an accuspark electronic ignition, standard blue Bosch coil and a 009, mines been in for the last 4 years with no problems, many thousands of miles covered in all weather conditions

My accu lasted just over over a year then changed to power spark. Had no trouble so far ( 1yr) even bought my revs down

Stick to points but try and find a good quality condenser. I had a accuspark for about a 600 miles and when i removed my engine and refitted it didn't work? i didn't even touch the thing, anyway swapped to points and it works fine after a second condenser was fitted.

Latest posts