Air shock questiom

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Sam* said:
I also have the Gabriel's 49230 is the model number from memory.
I'm not sure how much more lift you will get without fitting lift arms, plus you could go another 20PSI as Gabriel's are 200PSI shocks.
I currently have lift arms fitted and the beam set quite low, I get 11cm of lift at 200PSI, with 40PSI in the shocks the bus is sat on the wheel arch tubs.
Hope this helps

Maybe I'm not fully awake yet, or something lost in translation, but..... what is referenced when naming "lift arms" (anyone)?

The lift arms are a bracket that you weld on to the lower arm moving the bottom of the shock toward the rear of the van and towards the wheel allowing the shocks to run in a vertical position.

Hey Sam. Did you get your lift arms off t2d?
Can't see them listed on their website.
Looks like could be easy enough to make... Any measurements? :D

tellimhesdreamin said:
Hey Sam. Did you get your lift arms off t2d?
Can't see them listed on their website.
Looks like could be easy enough to make... Any measurements? :D

Hi mate, yes they were from T2d.
I can get some measurements for you.
Prob be next week now.

Does the lift arm give you more lift than without? I am guessing so.

I fit a pair from volksprojects last week, and i'm happy with the xtra lift :D
About 3 or 4 cm more.
Easy to fit without welding.

I just ordered some Volksprojects ones so will put some pics up when fitted. About 3 weeks till they get here.

There is something of sorts for the rear, although it moves the mount more downwards than it does rearwards.
But it's all I've seen ever for the rear. And it looks to me like you would have to cut the casting of the old mount, but I'm not sure.

lowershock-458x458.jpg

Latest posts