Alloy wheels advice please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruth11

Reaction score
Going to buy some alloys for our '69 Neptune Blue OG paint tin top. Have to get them this week because need new tyres for MOT.

Torn between fuchs and empis.

White Empi 5's are currently £225 a set from MWS - I read loads of people say steer clear of MWS but was wondering why? Can someone let me know their own first hand experience with MWS? Bus has gone to Slamwerks for some mild lowering and we were talking to the chap there and he said not to worry about everything you read, MWS are as good as anyone else, just get the cheapest you can find because they're all the same really. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Anyone got any photos of neptune blue with white empis? They're hard to ignore because they're so cheap, but I think ideally I want some polished empis or fuchs. Think they will look great with the old faded paintwork....

Here's the bus pre-lowering:
IMG_0008Resized.jpg

Oh yes, if I decide on Fuchs, where's the best place to buy them from? I can't justify the price of Flat 4's unfortunately, but I've also seen some really crap repro's (ie edges all sharp rather than rounded), so if anyone can recommend a repro make that would be great.
Also empis - if I decide not to get MWS white empis, where would you suggest I buy from?
Thanks

I know 61stu on here has MWS Fuchs on his 71 bay and has used it everyday for over a year and done nearly 20,000 miles and the still look pretty good

Grazy said:
I know 61stu on here has MWS Fuchs on his 71 bay and has used it everyday for over a year and done nearly 20,000 miles and the still look pretty good

I've just been going through his thread and says on there that he has SSP Fuchs... unless he changed them at some point? (I only read to page 9 of a 20+ page thread ;) )

I've had my Empi 5's from MWS on my van for 11 years, gave them a revamp 2 years ago as the laquer on rims had flaked off. They lasted about 3 years before the laquer started to go funny, looked like white marbling on the edges, but she was used everyday even through the winter :D
50f3aece.jpg

Jay71 said:
I've had my Empi 5's from MWS on my van for 11 years, gave them a revamp 2 years ago as the laquer on rims had flaked off. They lasted about 3 years before the laquer started to go funny, looked like white marbling on the edges, but she was used everyday even through the winter :D

Latest posts