Another white westy - Busted again!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it to Brighton Breeze which isn't hard as i live here, but only managed 2 photo's and they where of my bus.

busbreeze1.jpg

busedit.jpg

radish said:
Of course not, ran out of petrol down at dukes mound where the rent boys and gay predators hang out. Another problem to sort out!!

MMm .... You ran out of petrol in your home town of Brighton... in a campervan where the "Rent boys" hang out!!!! :roll: :lol:
MMMm....And the other problem to sort out...I hear sudocrem if good for that!! ;) :lol: so ive been told :shock: :lol:

yellow lenses are en vouge around these parts. if i had the bus rolling a year ago you would have seen them way before steves, he stole my thunder on these.

what makes the break down more suspect is i dropped my girlfriend off 5mins before up by the marina to collect her car. i've had the micky taken out of me already over this or was it Michael?
:p

Just been building a westy style tow over the weekend. I bought a peka vag towbar yaers ago for a splitty but it turned out not to be for a split, then i tried it on this bus when i got it but its not for a bay either but it is now.

So i made some brackets 1st then then added the bits for the bumper to mount. The welder didn't want to work so that was the best i could do to hold it in place, they have a proper big boy weld on now.
towbarbracket1_zps5e75ad86.jpg

then after a bit of trimming off the towbar i managed to get it to fit.
towbar_zpsa3918797.jpg

I offered the bumper up but then the camera went flat. It fits fine now just needs painting.
towbarbumper_zps283857b0.jpg

I've also been working on a 24v to 12v eberspacher conversion, i bought the wrong model a few years ago. The model i have is a D1L which doesn't work with cheap step down convertors so dont buy one unless my conversion works. Then its cheap eberspacher time.

Little update

As i'm off to big bang decided i needed some sounds, so after a root around the house and made this out of an old case i picked up sometime ago, some old speakers and boxes.

Also had another handle break, so painted a new one.

Added number plate surrounds

And fitted the bumper to the towbar

Just a few jobs left.

I've been making again as i cant afford any door cards right now.

Also as i fitted a fridge the old cupboard had to change to a draw

picked this gauge holder up at an auto jumble for a couple of quid so fitted the gauges i had which were fo a couple of cars ago. Not sure about them but they are handy

Nearly ready for big bang :)

Minor update
The bus has seen some action in the form of big bang and Steve n Liv's wedding

I've have also had a break through on the 24v -12v eberpacher conversion, it finally works. If i hadn't blown up a couple of convertors then this would of been running ages ago.
Here is a photo of what is needed - 1 NTC themistor thing that looks like a smatie, 1 24v-12v convertor from china aka ebay 2 inline fuses and a 24v D1L diesel eberspacher which are cheap. i do have a diagram for the wiring

I have also been looking into increasing the size of the hose for my monroe air shocks, after seeing Mycha's great work decided i need some of that in my life.
I stopped the air leaks last week because i got fed up of looking for an adaptor to use a standard pneumatic fitting with the strange thread monroe use. The o-rings that come with the kit are crap and i could find anything in the stores at work to nick to replace, but then i found some tiny rubber grommets that are perfect.
This was until today and i have found the correct tap for the monroe shocks and have made these. 7/16-20 to 1/8 npt i'm going with 6mm hose

radish said:
I have also been looking into increasing the size of the hose for my monroe air shocks, after seeing Mycha's great work decided i need some of that in my life.
I stopped the air leaks last week because i got fed up of looking for an adaptor to use a standard pneumatic fitting with the strange thread monroe use. The o-rings that come with the kit are crap and i could find anything in the stores at work to nick to replace, but then i found some tiny rubber grommets that are perfect.
This was until today and i have found the correct tap for the monroe shocks and have made these. 7/16-20 to 1/8 npt i'm going with 6mm hose

Nice work with the adapters, this is going to be something of a must I think for all those running with Monroes! As the standard setup is pants.

I have a solution for the standard hoses as they leaked like a sieve. I found that the o-rings don't seal at all so i replaced the with some tiny grommets i found at work, since i fitted them over a month ago they haven't leaked any air out. I can measure the grommets.

Nothing exciting has happened, the bus broke again, it seems thing like to brake when its not being used! HT lead. There isn't much else i can replace on the bus, everything underneath from front to back has been replaced or rebuilt except the master cylinder. :roll: Roll on the Brighton Breeze.

On the plus side picked up these Brexton Picnic trays in the original staorage bag for £1, so we can sit in the garage and enjoy a picnic.

1st of a few updates, i've been busy upgrading the hose for the monroes shocks.
6mm hose, push in fittings, gauge and solenoid valve along with a landrover discovery compressor.

The original Monroe hose leaks which i did manage to stop with some rubber o rings (i have hundreds if anyone wants some) but decided i wanted to put shocks on the rear too so valves were needed, Airtac all the way from china are the brand of choice also the cheapest on ebay. I made the adaptors month ago and found most of the fittings in a pile at work heading for the bin!!
The landy compressor was £10 off ebay and works great. All this has cost me less than £100 mainly because i bought 2 pairs of shocks and sold 1 on.
when i get the wheels back on i will take somes photos of the bus. I will be fiting the rears after VOWO ready for the summer.

Next is fitting the eberspacher and clearing the shit that has been dumped in the bus over the winter.

Nice one Darius, where do the pipes exit the inside if the bus to the dampers ?

Latest posts