Any weekend van plans?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is anyone going to do anything on the vans this weekend?

Ive got to do a bit of fixing on me Vunderbra but apart from that its cider and I have got to clear my mums gutters for her!! :shock:

Massive yawn!

Well, I'll probably try to finish the interior (except for the upholstery) and try to fit a pair of speaker in. Haven't got much time this weekend though...

Not for us, we're off to Ireland this weekend. Don't worry though, to make up for it we're having another one of our mass workshop days next weekend. Hoping we'll get the new inner and outer front valances on, as well as the other sill, outrigger and jacking point. Then the only bit of welding left should be the other front wheel arch.

Nice one. Not to far to go now.

Mine is being stripped of underneath in a week to see what the state of play is :shock: if any welding needed it will be sorted and then it will be re swartzed, happy for the summer and keep the MOT man from me door!

Got a week off so I'm planning on sorting the front door window rubbers, a trip to JK first then take it slowly :wink:

More and more welding i'm afraid , just hoping the weather will be good to me. I,m hoping to get the drivers side sill, outrigger and wheel arch welded in with a bit of luck. :x

Just got home from work and not only are my VolksWorld tickets here but so are my new underseat mats from JK.

Hopefully the fuel hoses i ordered from Moby will get here tomorrow so just a couple of jobs for me :D

make sure you get some pics up panalvan .also could you give me advice on what to look at when gettin a van cheers mate . sorry to hijack thread Easy , back to you mate

Grazy said:
make sure you get some pics up panalvan .also could you give me advice on what to look at when gettin a van cheers mate . sorry to hijack thread Easy , back to you mate

im in braintree, if u need a hand anytime

cheers slammed gotta go n look at one soon but its in europe . any pointers while we are on mate

Ive been at the garage where they have been putting a new floor, wheel housings, arches, deformation pannel inner and outer and lots of other panels to the front end. Laid under van for past 2 dats seam sealing, pumping the crap into every orofice :oops: then starting to underseal it. My neck and arms are killing me now. Not used to real work.
Hoping van will come home Mon or Tues thats when the fun strts putting it all back together.

Ended up this weekend, helping a Bruce from on here, strip his 1835 engine down :shock: was losing power and there was more bottom end float than a very baggy pair of ys! :shock:

Took it apart and the front bearing of the crank had seized onto it! warn and shagged. Oil pump knackered and engine fried! :shock: case worn because of the bearing spining without oil etc :shock:

Not to worry though it will be up and rocking soon with the help of a few pennies and some oily hands.

Bruce we will do it by vanwest, especially with super Andy to the rescue!

I think it will do more like 90bhp this time aswell! :wink:

Latest posts