Anyone in Midlands good with Type 4 Solex carbs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinga

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a 1972 late bay with 1700 engine and twin solex carbs.

It will start and rev a little but not really run properly or tick over at all.

I have been through the ignition system (plugs, points, ht leads, coil, rotor arm, dizzy cap).

I reckon the garage who were trying to fix the problem have screwed the carb settings up.

Is there anyone local to Solihull who may be able to take a look or could anyone offer any advice?

I do not feel confident in stripping the carbs down and was wondering if it would be easier to replace the carbs completely?

Many thanks,
Ade.

after all the ones I have "sorted"I would recomend fitting ict webers ,did this on a t3(t25)and it worked a treat.alterative is 36 weber or dells .

I had similar problems with mine. Just could not get them to run nicely. Swapped them out for a single Weber which improved performance although fuel consumption increased. Got a brand new engine now so will be looking to reverse this and get refurbished twins as I recon I can get even better performance plus better economy. Moral : If funds allow, get a set of refurbished twins now.

kinga said:
Hi,

Just bought a 1972 late bay with 1700 engine and twin solex carbs.

It will start and rev a little but not really run properly or tick over at all.

I have been through the ignition system (plugs, points, ht leads, coil, rotor arm, dizzy cap).

I reckon the garage who were trying to fix the problem have screwed the carb settings up.

Is there anyone local to Solihull who may be able to take a look or could anyone offer any advice?

I do not feel confident in stripping the carbs down and was wondering if it would be easier to replace the carbs completely?

Many thanks,
dont give up on the solex just yet, when they work they are a good set up i run them on my type 4.
you could try a company called gasure, they refurb and set up twin solex.there on tinterweb.

Ade.

Try Mick at MRM he is the dub doktor, I never use any one else!

He's based in Walsall by the RAC centre.

His number is 07816303541

Tell him Turkish sent you!!

Live in Solihull and happy to have a quick look, whereabouts are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts