Auto electric wire ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

I am about to convert my US bus indicators on the rear to pass the MOT and i am going down the route of converting the reverse lights to indicators .

i need to purchase some wire but i am a little unsure as to what amp i need to buy :? .

What amp and size would i need for this job ?

Thanks for your help

Dude

Mate some Tri rated panel wire in 0.5 or 0.75mm2 will do just fine, call a local wholesaler or if u get stuck I'll send out some off a roll

Just

Thanks for the reply and the offer to send some out to me Just I appreciate that

I have just found some on ebay cheap enough so I will just order a couple of metres off there

Cheers

I was told (I forget by who, or when) that: "you need to ensure that the amp rating of the wire is higher than the fuse so that the fuse will blow before you start melting your wiring."

Seemed like sound enough advice to me?

That advice was correct, the fuse is there to protect the circuit if the fuse rating was higher than the current carrying capability of the cable the circuit wiring would fail before the fuse blew :)

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Latest posts