Awning recommendations

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
I want to get a basic awning for the van, don't need inner tent - sun shade type might be enough, but I guess having a 'door' and walls to seal it up would also be usefull - anyone got any tips as to where to get something from - don't want to spend mega-bucks either - all JK's stuff is huge, and pricey for what I need - thanks

A gazebo from Woolworths/Argos or the like?

I bought some tent poles from Millets and some gutter clamps from JK and just use a tarpaulin as a sun canopy(no sides tho...)

Attachments

• shell island.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 611
Something like that would probably do for this weekend (when I need something!) but looking for something a little more substantial longer term!
What colour is your van by the way?

Its a neptune blue lower and pastel white upper, tho that picture is a little dull it isn't quite that greyish, even after 37 yrs!

Yep - found them, and I must admit their 'Capri Sun Canopy' seems to be ticking most boxes at the moment in terms of price/structure etc etc....
cheers

spotted a simple kyham on the weekend (didn't get photo's :roll: ) which would do, looked like a gazebo with sides approx 8x8ft

I've got one of the Bluebird awnings, not used it much but seems good. It is Ok to put up - first time we got it out was in the dark at Vanfest last year and no arguments.

Awnings hate the bloody things :x One we have at the moment (from JK a few years ago) has at least three holes in it from where the slidding door hits it, it leaks & is a right B**tard to put up.
Only have it as er indoors wanted it :evil: When I get a few extra ££s its going in the bin & we're going to get a decent tent instead.
Did I say I HATE AWNINGS :evil:

:lol: - do you want to sell it cheap then!!

To be honest, it isn't really for camping trips in our case - we are usually on the move - but as a temp shelter and a bit more space when I take the van as a 'support' vehicle - looking at the weather forcast for this weekends fun at Dunsfold, I may need one in order to cook pancakes and bacon butties!

umm - not a bad price actually, and would work nicely as a pit-garage without the inner tent - camping option if required....

Latest posts