Barn fresh.com - check it out

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagboyblue

Reaction score
check this out and spread the word - run by VW and hot rod owners

here's a bit of info -

check it.

http://www.Barn-Fresh.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sitting around talking to my buddy, we were discussing Ebay and why it sucks.
they are charging way too much these days and if your stuff doesnt sell, you still pay a fee. if I had money for fees, I would not sell my stuff?? you know?
whats worse, is that when I look up a vintage VW part, the first thing that pops up is a purse, yeah, it had a vw on it but damn it.
then the necklace, a spoon, etc... lame.

we thought about it and had a "what if" game.

what if Ebay was only for man stuff?
what if there was only catagories for cool mechanical stuff and no fufu garbage?
you know, cars, tractors, bikes, scooters, etc... just the stuff that a man looks for!
what about NO LISTING FEE?
FREE PICS in the ad.
cheaper end of auction percentage.
and how about helping out the community that supports the site? you wont see an SBS banner ad on Ebay.
well, we are doing it.
it is live.
there is paypal access and its linked to the bank system for cards. its secure.
everything is in place. we have been working on this for months. Im sure it will need tweeks but its on.

one of the things I wanted was a site that could have all our banner ads too. people all over the world hit ebay and those people would also see the ad.
I would kill to have Heil Machine Co. come up on ebay! ahahaha.
I thought it would be a good way to generate income/sponsorship money, for the SBS also. since we are not running as an actual club as of yet, there is no way to pay for stuff like shows, Tshirts, stickers, etc...
Barn-fresh will be donating to a few different sites. sponsorships for the shows like Familienfest, and paying for stuff for the community that uses it. its only right.
Im sure it isnt going to kill Ebay, but its a start. Im not trying to hurt the samba either, but an auction site seems good.

Barn-fresh.com is a new auction site. like Ebay. same workings. same paypal, all the same shit. BUT, it costs a hell of alot less than ebay is charging everyone.
try it out. check it out. whatever. take a look and let me know what you think.
you can register online just like the ebay.

any input will be cool. I want to see if this can work.
if you have a banner ad, I will put it in rotation. David, Aaron, mine, etc.. are coming tomorrow.

That looks really cool 8)

Think when I am having a clear out, will be using this ;)

AxlFoley said:
cool site, is it based in the uk? as every thing is in $$

theres a currency selection in the bottom corner to change to £ but im not sure if its US based?

AxlFoley said:
cool site, is it based in the uk? as every thing is in $$
Checking on the website registration is says:

• Registrant:
    Barnfresh Llc
    14666 Central ave
    chino, California 91710
    United States

IP Location: South Burlington, United States
    Website Status: active
    Server Type: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

So appears to be US based.

dagboyblue said:
Barn-fresh will be donating to a few different sites. sponsorships for the shows like Familienfest, and paying for stuff for the community that uses it.

Familienfest is a local northern San Diego family oriented event by Strictly Vintage 2s club , so definately a US based Cali company , I hope it takes off it would be nice to have an alternative to ebay.
Did you guys see that single cab earlybay for sale :shock:

Latest posts