• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bay Rev Counter in dash Pod. Top Quality. Poss Group Buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dasteel said:
I had an email from Neil @ Caerbont and they are in the process of making the backing piece so no need to supply one :)

Good stuff! :D did they say how long it will be or will it be shipped when ordered??

I have attached below the contact details for Neil Meakin who has now been passed the task of building these in numbers. The best thing to do is to for anyone who is interested to contact Neil.

I have passed details for anyone onterested to Neil, so he should be in contact shortly to let you know what he needs and make arrangements.

Neil Meakin
[email protected]
Abercrave, Swansea, SA9 1SH
Direct Phone +44 (0)1639 732222
Fax +44 (0)1639 732201
Web: http://www.caigauge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy to help if anyone has any other questions/enquiries.

Cheers

Phil

Ok ive just had an email off the manufacturer to all those who are still interested, he's asked me to share this information below! :msn4:

Dear Steve

Thanks for your interest in the early bay rev counter. Initially the co-ordination for the Forum customers was being handled by Phil Clerkin. The job has now, logically, passed to me, Neil Meakin, at Caerbont Automotive Instruments Ltd.

The first tacho to be produced will be the grey dial complete with centre embellishment - see images below. Originally, it was requested that customers send their blank dials complete with embellishment. This is no longer a requirement, the new tacho will be supplied with all fresh components.

Two other variants will follow very shortly, they are:
- Grey dial with no embellishment, to match the grey speedo (without embellishment).
- Black dial with no emebellishment, to match the black speedo (without embellishment).
When ordering it is essential that you confirm which dial/design you require.

All tachos will feature a multipin electrical connector at the rear. To make electrical connection easier, a mating connector with flying leads will be supplied together with full instructions.

The price for the tacho is £139.20 including delivery (UK address) and VAT. Please advise your full delivery address and a contact telephone number - we will email a pro-forma by return for payment via bank transfer.
We can accept credit card payments through our Paypal account but we are charged for this privelege. The full delivered price becomes £143.93. For card transactions we need details:
- Card type
- Card number
- Expiry date (and start date for debit cards)
- Last three digits of security code on reverse of card.

Delivery could be up to 6 weeks from order - it depends on the level of interest/demand. We will do our best to deliver within four.
If there is any further information required please do no hesitate to contact me. Please feel free to share any or all of this information with others in the Forum.

Regards

Neil Meakin

Abercrave, Swansea, SA9 1SH
Direct Phone +44 (0)1639 732222
Fax +44 (0)1639 732201
Web: http://www.caigauge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Steve. This should get things moving swiftly for everyone interested.

Cheers

Phil.

Neil at Caerbont Automotive has recently sent out a pic of the tacho mounted in the dash pod

and I've ordered one!

will update when it arrives and fitted

At last, the final version of prototype is finished and it looks fantastic! (If you haven't seen this already.)

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/philipip/Bay%20windows%20Dash%20pod%20with%20Rev%20Counter/t2baywindowpanel.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get in contact directly with Neil Meakin at Caerbont Auotomotive to place your order.

Cheers

Phil

Just had a call from Gavin at Caerbont Automotive about the order - he's ready to go, but is waiting on someone to pop in to Swansea with their bus to trial-run the first one to make sure it's all A-okay before he sends them out.
I would go, but Swansea's a bit of a trek - so if there's anyone in that area who's waiting for one and could go down with their bus to check it out, contact Gavin - [email protected] - 01639 732 203.

Nice attention to detail!

I like that the dial has the exact same font as the speedo and the needle design is the same too.

So much so, I've just emailed my order :party0021:

Has anyone received and fitted theirs yet?

I aggree to karlos statement. The only missing thing to make it looking perfect is a symmetrical dial as the digits on the left and right side aren´t at the same position. The original speedo has a symmetrical dial. That makes the dial of the tach looking a bit odd in my opinion. I told it to Neil a couple of weeks ago, but he stated symmetry is sacrificed to maintain linearity and smooth pointer operation.

Ah, I hadn't noticed that.

So it is a 0-6500 rpm scale rather than 0-6000 or 0-7000 that would put the last digit at the 270° position

Strange, as it uses a their own stepper motor internals (?) you wouldn't think calibration for any scale, linear or otherwise, would be a problem.

I'll just look at it as a 0-6000 rpm rev counter with a 500 rpm bonus! :D

I have mine too now.
It does look good! I have bench tested it and will hopefully fit it this weekend.
The only snag is my one has a white back light instead of green. I've emailed them and it should be sorted out soon..

Thanks for that feed back fellas. I had already ordered mine when I realised there was another group buy thread running for the same product from a different vendor...I'm easily confused! As long as the quality is the same it's all good!

Fitted tacho yesterday, couple of pics below
Drove round the block and works very well
Once installed it looks similar to aspro's except that the dial is calibrated to 6500 as compared with 7000
However it's quite fiddly to install because it comes in 3 parts, the tacho, the grey outer ring and the retaining ring collar
You also need your original glass disc (or in my case get another cut as I had a clock) and the fixing screws
Seems there is an issue over the backlight colour, see Karlos post above, but this is being resolved

Have to decide what to do with the clock now - I'd like to keep it, but where to put it?

Latest posts