Best place for erberspacher

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_azza

Reaction score
Right Iv got a erberspacher,
I'm gonna mount it in a box undervan so whereis best place to plum it into the heater tube?
One side where the H/E goes into or both or?
Clearance isn't a issue as the vans high

most people seem to sick their heaters inside the van (in buddy seat, cabinet or under bed etc) then just route the exhaust out rather than warm air in.

I've been toying with the idea of mounting one in the small space under the front seat next to the walkthrough if I can find a unit small enough to fit....

lil_azza said:
Right Iv got a erberspacher,
I'm gonna mount it in a box undervan so whereis best place to plum it into the heater tube?
One side where the H/E goes into or both or?
Clearance isn't a issue as the vans high

not sure if it's a good idea or not. It says in the eber manual not to plumb in to existing vehicle ducting. The ducting on mine gets seriously hot.

Mine is under my rock n roll bed. I once accidently knocked the ducting half off when i was rummaging so it was partially blocked and it caused the heater to keep shutting down, I guess you might have similar problem if you plumb it into pipe with smaller diameter than the ducting it's meant for

Ok cheers so im thinking if i vented it through both via a Y and kept rear vents clear even with fronts shut there should be enough air passing to be sufficiant enough not to cause problems

ive put mine under the rear seat, as I use z hinges it was a squeeze, first I connected it to the heater ducts but hardly got any air flow. so mine blows out from under the seat.

Ok thanks, suppose I just need to connect it up and see how I get on

Latest posts