bloody ebay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antoine

Reaction score
i know ebay is the most dangerous thing any of us has ever discovered, but what i can never understand is the people that sit there putting in high bids hours or even days before something ends, if you actually want something you should man up and fight for it in the last few seconds like everyone else. its the only way to get that true game of chance on the maximum bids, bidding should be banned until a couple of hours before the item ends.

or is it not meant to be a game?

have you ever been on German ebay.de ? no one bids till the last minute, like proper auction. Things still go for the same sort of price, you just feel like Don 1, when your winning some sick wheels for 5.50Euro's with 10 minutes left. Then get blown out the water :lol:

adding some vintage italian wood to my guitar collection (hopefully). i just enjoy the gambling type approach to buying things, lol.
the last minute battle is brilliant.
plus the whole point of an auction is that you bid the maximum you are willing to pay, so why not just put that in and have done with it.

I do this every time I put my max in on the last minute then once it's done I think to my self I would have gone a little higher lol

Then these is times when you keep bidding just so you win even if you do pay over the odds
:)

My name is rob an have a problem with buying on eBay :)

I always put my highest bid in as early as possible due to not usually being about when the auction ends

I was watching my rapido recently all week with no bids that was local and I wanted, then went away for the weekend, now the auction ended at 6.30am on a saturday :? So up I got and drove 3 miles to get a signal on my fone :lol: in the meantime someone bid so I bloody made sure I won it :mrgreen:

I usually bid as much as I'm willing to pay, usually well in advance.. If someone else is willing to pay more then good for them!!!

If nobody has bid and the auction is near the end alot of sellers panic and end the item thinking its gonna go for peanuts.

I personally bid in the last 5 seconds. The very highest I would pay for the item then add a little for luck :mrgreen:

Bidding is bad for my health, my heart goes crazy and I feel like im gonna die! Is this just me?

Since the use of bid sniping services / tools there's no point bidding manually in the last few seconds - the snipers will have the edge if they want the item:

e.g. https://www.ezsniper.com/
e.g. https://www.auctionraptor.com

(should add no endorsement for these services - I wouldn't hand over my ebay ID, there are other app based ones that work on your PC)

Either join 'em and use one of the many sniping tools out there, or, I just whack in my top bid when I see the advert and then walk away - if someone is sniping and wants to pay more than me then it makes no difference if I bid in the last 5 seconds or last 5 hours

putting ealry high bids in just encourages otheer folk to bid you up. or even worse, allow the seller to log on as their mum and play the daring game of guessing your highest bid and bidding you up to your max.
i am a last ten seconds kinda guy. on holiday, at work, at traffic lights, havin a poo. no time is sacred :lol:

It's all about stealth :msn4: Im a ten second to go man but do like a good 2-3 second pause before confirming :shock: :msn4: :msn4:

My best buy a mint lhd steering box for £5.50

Chris

Bwuttonmoon said:
Bidding is bad for my health, my heart goes crazy and I feel like im gonna die! Is this just me?

I'm the same, even for stupid little things, the adrenaline buzz is addictive :shock:

lard said:
Since the use of bid sniping services / tools there's no point bidding manually in the last few seconds - the snipers will have the edge if they want the item:

e.g. https://www.ezsniper.com/
e.g. https://www.auctionraptor.com

(should add no endorsement for these services - I wouldn't hand over my ebay ID, there are other app based ones that work on your PC)

Either join 'em and use one of the many sniping tools out there, or, I just whack in my top bid when I see the advert and then walk away - if someone is sniping and wants to pay more than me then it makes no difference if I bid in the last 5 seconds or last 5 hours

I use the sniper on goofbay and it is very rare that I lose now.
Best buy was 3 backwash basins for my barbershop...0.99p each!!! Missed the first one the seller had as it went for £46.00!!!
LOL

crede999 said:
It's all about stealth :msn4: Im a ten second to go man but do like a good 2-3 second pause before confirming :shock: :msn4: :msn4:

My best buy a mint lhd steering box for £5.50

Chris

Smart man here ^^^^^

I'm a self confessed ebayaholic and I can confirm this is the best way to bid bar none.

Putting in a high bid early only gives the competition time to think and say "ohh maybe I'll go a little higher"

This way you set your highest price and stick to it and no one has a chance to think about outbidding you.

Placing high bids early only helps the seller get the best price possible. STOP DOING IT. :evil: That is unless I'm selling crap I don't need anymore. :lol:

last 10 seconds, go and stick in my max.only reason is to avoid people having time to bid there own stuff up.

Last few seconds here too, had some right old bargains and snipe bidding program's do not have time to outbid you if you put a bid in well above current bid with a mere 3-5 seconds to go....

Posted using Tapatalk

i am a 10 sec guy as well!!!! oooooooooooooo EBAY, yes i know what i want to bid and i wil wait until the last 10 Secs. I got a Jetboil the other day for £41.50. Well chuffed.

Latest posts