Bobby's Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justcruzin

Reaction score
Well, we saved another bus today. :D We actually found it at a swap meet. The people had a pic of it on a board with several other cars. We asked about it and got their info and we finally managed to go look at it today.

My husband calls it "Bobby's Bus" because he thinks it is his. Everyone knows that all the buses are mine. :D LOL Anyway, here are some pics.

Some of the stuff that was inside it.

I didn't notice this till we got home. It doesn't have wing windows.

It's missing the passenger side glass and rubber. Anyone know where to find non wing window glass and rubber??

As you can see it is kind of on the rough side, has rust here and there. Nothing that can't be fixed though. It's defenitly not an over night project though.

It's a 69 delivery van and according to the m plate is supposed to have dark beige leatherette interior. The paint code say's "primered".

Here are some of the other codes that came up. Looks like it had an upper partition at one time, if I'm reading that right.

"M-CODE Description Concerned models From chassis number To chassis number
055 Steering lock (1969) 211-274
2x9 300 000
500 Full width metal (half-height) partition between cabin and load compartment with 2-seater passenger seat 211-244
510 Partition upper between cab and load compartment (for vehicles with M 500 only) 211-216"

I'll be cleaning it out some more tomorrow and will take more pics. :D

No doubts you have your work cut out there, and a rather large wallet required. Be interested to see this project progress.

-------------------------------
Own a Bay?.......Feel the Love!!

steel-dashboard in USA :?:
I thought all Bays for the U.S. market had a plastic dashboard ...

good luck for the project

Great project :)
Was it four wheel drive with it coming with 2 engines??

Non-opening quarterlights were normally fitted to UK buses, so the usual suppliers over here stock them.
Nice panel van, I'll take it off you're hands if you like. Wouldn't want you to be too greedy....

Well done saving another van from being either rusted away/crushed/cut up!
A pretty easy project too by the looks of it!

(By the way fixed door 1/4 windows are easy to get in the UK :D )

Did some cleaning today.

Flintstone bus! :D

Pile of garbage out of it!

Look, it goes straight now! LOL

I will finish getting the loose garbage out of it tomorrow and then hose it out. This weekend we will hit it with the pressure washer. Then we can start looking at what we want to tackle first.

justcruzin said:
Did a little more cleaning today. Got it down to where I could hose it out. This weekend we will bring the big forklift home from hubby's work and lift up the bus and use a pressure washer on the whole thing. That will really open up the rust spots. :shock:

So far this is what we are working with.

In this pic you can see white spots on the sides, I forgot remove styrofoam.

Just a little rust. LOL

Latest posts