Bobby's Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the bus up on the lift tonight to remove the tranny and axles. Did a little looking around while it's up there. This seems to be the worst of the rust.

Driver side bumper/step bolts

Front cross bar section.

Front jack areas

Front passenger corner

Lots of bondo.

We will pressure wash it Sat. and see what is left after that. LOL

Today was bath day! LOL

I sprayed some Easy Off on the side to see if we could find any logos on the bus under all that paint.

All we found was what our friend wrote on the side. LOL

Then they did the famous football trick on the front.

It's hard to see in the camera view, but a lot of the dent came out.

Did this for fun. LOL

Look at the stars!

Above is the bottom of the bus. Below is from looking into the engine compartment. LOL

Yah we put a light inside and turned off the garage lights. That's how many holes are in the floor. LOL

Lot's of work ahead. :D

We have been working on the bus pretty much everyday, well, hubby has. LOL He has the wheel well panels welded on now but I don't have pics yet. Today we finally made it back out to the place we bought it from, to pick up the headlight buckets. Smokehouse told about how the ones that go to the bus are Euro only kind. I didn't know that. After looking at the bus better you can definitely tell how different they mount in to the bus.

Here are the ones that were in the front seat when we first looked at the bus, but the PO took them out and kept them. He thought they were bug buckets and thought they didn't go to that bus. He did give them to us after we told him they did go to the bus. :D

They are totally different then what I have ever seen!

Nice work Kim it's looking amazing! You both have to be pretty excited about getting it on the road again :D

Thanks everyone. Yah, I'm kind of excited about it getting done. All though we have a long way to go. He wants to lower it and get it all mechanic sound before he takes it out on the road. The mechanically sound is ok, but I kind of wish we could at least take it out for a spin before he lowers it. LOL He figures why put it all together to take it apart again.

I just got confirmation that my rubber kits have been shipped so hopefully we can at least start putting some of the stuff back on it. :D I kind of want to see it as a whole bus instead of pieces and parts all over. LOL

Well, got some more done to the bus.

Got the powder coated stuff back and put the grill on.

Gas tank painted and put in.

Dash was cleaned up and put back in.

Then he lowered it. Here is a few pics of the process.

In the next pic, the original hole had the threads in it, he moved the insides so the threads are now in the new hole. The hole labeled misc is just a hole he had to make to drill out the welds that help hold the inside of the beam. Once he gets it done he will re weld the misc holes back up.

Before

After

Not a very good before but I forgot to take a pic of the wheel gap.

After,

Not sure how it will ride but we will find out one day. Probably a way's off though. LOL He has a long way to go yet.

Latest posts