Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,

Unfortunately where it is being stored, it is in a warehouse with a load of other classics and other vehicles, Lambo's Porsche` and more, with a load of
them parked in front of each other , so prior warning for movement is required unfortunately.
Hoping this weekend will be fruitful with the garage, fingers crossed. Even if I have to let some air out the tyres to get him in.🤣🤣
I have a compressor so not a real problem. Wish us luck.

J & P
😀😀😀

4 months without Boris, finally got him out of hibernation. It is just not good being without.
Anyway he's home for 2 days and then hopefully in his new home. Used Pippa's car to block him in so not losing him tonight.(hopefully)

Fingers crossed for Sunday when we try to get into the new garage.

J & P
:D:D:D

Finally managed to get the bus out and he is now housed in a friends garage.
We now have access anytime we want and a key to the garage. Got to drive around a bit over the weekend, was great.
First trip away this weekend to Worcester, my cousin's 70th, so a must.

Long may the sun shine on us all. Keep well out there and be careful.

J & P

Finally managed to get the bus out and he is now housed in a friends garage.
We now have access anytime we want and a key to the garage. Got to drive around a bit over the weekend, was great.
First trip away this weekend to Worcester, my cousin's 70th, so a must.

Long may the sun shine on us all. Keep well out there and be careful.

J & P
Nice one and enjoy :)

Sooooooooooooooo, first trip this year is now behind us, smiles al round.

220 miles with an average of 23 miles per gallon, so very happy with that.

Camped at Ketch caravan /static home park in Worcester for two nights.
Beautiful setting, large enough pitches but the facilities were not all that clean or working for that matter.
We were not informed that the shower requires 20p to get up to pressure, no signs anywhere to inform you, running from
shower to shower stark naked trying them all was /would not have been a good look if seen.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Great cold water pressure was the deceiving factor. Lesson learnt.

Damn it was cold on Saturday night and woke up to a thick frost and for the first time ice on Boris.:oops::oops:
We had the roof pulled down and the oil heater on so that did help and put the heating right up in the morning.

The beautiful sunset was the prelude to the big freeze.
Well another successful trip, next one is the Aircooled Camp Out. Will be great to see everyone again after such a long hiatus.

Look after yourselves and be safe out there.

J & P

1649089861870.png1649089818154.png1649089748474.png1649089697359.png

Had a similar situation last year at Arrochar campsite. I went to the shower block after a tiring day, put my coin in the shower -nothing. I couldn't try the other one as I only had one coin! Had to get dressed again to go around to the office where the woman on duty came over to see what the problem was , the main fuse (RCB) for the shower block had gone, she flicked up the switch and that was it!

Glad you enjoyed your campout.

Spent Saturday under Boris in my mates garage changing the clutch cable. Getting it out was not too bad
as I cut off the threaded end😮😮😮 without even checking the new arrival, in for a penny.......

Threaded the new one in covered in grease and upon arrival at the bent section it stopped....flowers!!!!
Removed the tube , had ordered a new one but failed to arrive on time, managed to turn the tube onto the threaded section
and then push it through the rest of the way.:):):)

Turns out the old cable was the wrong length as the wingnut was only just on the end. The new one has loads of extra thread for adjustment.
As far as adjustment goes, after adjusting the wingnut it was perfectly placed and now takes about 50mm off the floor instead of 5mm.
Very happy chappie, took it for a test drive, spot on.
Then spent the rest of the day rewiring the water pump which now includes a hot water system for the dishes.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and washing the face etc....

Getting excited now for the trip to the Early Bay meet in Oxfordshire. Hope to see you all there, old and new friends.

Keep well and stay safe.

J & P

1652554219450.png

Well it's finally in place and will be tested this week before we go to the Camp Out. Was not difficult to put on and as long as you work from front to back
it took us 10 mins from new first timers.
Full report when tested more and been through some rain etc....

New Solar Charger installed for the new panel. 200 Watt foldable in place of a solid 100Watt panel.
Lighter, smaller and easier to handle.

J & P

Well what do you know, on que and last night it hammered down for a who knows how long.
Went out this morning to inspect the cover and it seems it has a repellent coating on it.
Just shake and the water falls off, which is good. Does look like it has done the job.

Happy with what we have so far.

J & P

1652554219450.png

Well it's finally in place and will be tested this week before we go to the Camp Out. Was not difficult to put on and as long as you work from front to back
it took us 10 mins from new first timers.
Full report when tested more and been through some rain etc....

New Solar Charger installed for the new panel. 200 Watt foldable in place of a solid 100Watt panel.
Lighter, smaller and easier to handle.

J & P
Got a link to your new solar set up please?!

Got a link to your new solar set up please?!
Hi Ben, hope this helps.

392452445360 is the Solar controller and the panel is 265455197014
Both were bought from eBay. I tested the set up quickly after the install and was getting 19Volts and 5.5 Amps.
My battery was 98 percent full so charged to max in no time.
I am taking it to the Camp out this weekend if you are going feel free to check it out.

J & P

Hi Ben, hope this helps.

392452445360 is the Solar controller and the panel is 265455197014
Both were bought from eBay. I tested the set up quickly after the install and was getting 19Volts and 5.5 Amps.
My battery was 98 percent full so charged to max in no time.
I am taking it to the Camp out this weekend if you are going feel free to check it out.

J & P
Thank you! Although I can’t get the controller ID # to register in the eBay app.

Thanks for the offer for this weekend.
I’d really love to be there but I can’t make it (bit gutted!)

Interested to see some pics of your set up as well please!

Thank you! Although I can’t get the controller ID # to register in the eBay app.

Thanks for the offer for this weekend.
I’d really love to be there but I can’t make it (bit gutted!)

Interested to see some pics of your set up as well please!
EPEVER MPPT 30A Solar Charge Controller 12V 24V Auto This is the controller.
If you buy a controller make sure it's an MPPT type.

J & P

Managed to get away this weekend. Was awesome to see, speak and interact with people again.
The earlybay / aircooled camp out held in the usual place. Good few people arrived.

1653247715737.png

Travelled up in convoy with some new friends.

1653248106914.png

Good food and my new solar system is working well.

J & P

Took time out today to visit Nick at CJ Motors in Bristol so he could do Boris' brakes and an MOT.
Well he fought him all the way:oops::oops::oops::oops:. Apparently I have late bay discs on the front, NOT EARLY!!!!
The PO must have changed them. Nick achieved the impossible and I drove all the way home after a long wait.
Have to make a return visit but will do it willingly for the outstanding bits.
Thank you Ozziedog and Sparkywig.

J & P

I thought the late discs/callipers were a good upgrade on an early Bay. Parts more available also. Something I have been considering. (unless you wish to retain original spec.)

Latest posts