• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Breaking '71 sunroof deluxe plus other spares

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
As the title says, I've had a good look over the van and it's FAR to far gone to be worth saving, so I'm going to break it. Everything's available apart from the bumper trims, beltline trim, anything to do with the cab doors and the original sunroof mechanism. I do still have loads of other spares though:

Westfalia Continental mustard yellow roof bed long thin cushion COVER ONLY - £15

Dormobile roof hammock - good condition - £20 - I forgot who wanted this before - sorry!

Early bay rear bumper - one of the slash cut replacement parts - hard to describe but I'll try - straight, rust free, but is dented to the top where a car went over the top of the bumper - £5

Early bay (may be a crossover) rear bumper - good and straight - £100

Complete roof clip with Golde steel sliding sunroof from Cali van and spare sliding section -£360

Westy Continental Spare wheel cover - £15

Early bay RHD cab floor rubber mat in good condition - very small amount of perishing around the accelerator hole - £40

A good front beam from a 1971 RHD bay

A gearbox from a 1971 Deluxe (apparently the gearing is different?)

Original plastic spare wheel cover in excellent condition.

Anything else from the van.

All parts in Bournemouth
Dan

I have all of the interior panels. They're light grey. They WERE in good condition when it was a complete van - I've not seen them since - sure they'll still be fine as it's been under a cover.

Dan

Hello there,
Do you have any of the interior panels still?also have you any of the deluxe chrome trim(along with the clips that hold them on)?how about the buddy seat that goes behind the drivers side(mine's a devon conversion by the way)?also what engine do you have(ie is it a type 4?...I need the twin carb you see),how about window seals,exterior mirrors,interior cushions,drivers seat,inertia seatbelts?
Loads there...I am in Christchurch by the way
Hope to hear from you soon
Cheers
Kevin

hi, can i have the cab door cards/panels please, also do you have a tow bar????
thanks
marcher

i'm going to see simon (nosvw) next week, so can pick up from you then????

discok3 said:
Hello there,
Do you have any of the interior panels still?also have you any of the deluxe chrome trim(along with the clips that hold them on)?how about the buddy seat that goes behind the drivers side(mine's a devon conversion by the way)?also what engine do you have(ie is it a type 4?...I need the twin carb you see),how about window seals,exterior mirrors,interior cushions,drivers seat,inertia seatbelts?
Loads there...I am in Christchurch by the way
Hope to hear from you soon
Cheers
Kevin

Hi,

I still have all of the interior panels - Wibbler has asked about 2 of them, but I'd rather sell as a set than get lumbered with random ones. I have no deluxe trim left at all - it's all on my old van which is now the South Coast Kustoms early bay. There's no rear interior left at all. There are inertia seat belts. I just sold a pair of Dellorto carbs at the weekend - sorry! (I'd go for the single Weber conversion on a Type 4 engine for what it's worth). No rubbers as the windows were cut out. I have the cab seats still, but the covers are in a sorry state - I do know a very good trimmer though who'd cover them for £110 including material if you're interested?

Dan

peacemaker_vw said:
hi do you have the walk through trim and the sliding door mech trim if so how much and is it in good condition oh and you didnt mention the grill suround so is that up for grabs?

I do have the walkthtrough trim, which is all in very good condition from memory. I've got someone interested in it already, though I'm unsure if they want all 4 pieces. I think I still have the grill surround, though it's not in great shape.

Dan

marcher said:
hi, can i have the cab door cards/panels please, also do you have a tow bar????
thanks
marcher

i'm going to see simon (nosvw) next week, so can pick up from you then????

I'm not too sure if the door cards are wanted by the earlier enquires about interior panels. If not, they're all yours. Let me know when you're going to see Simon - I may try and get them to him if I go up there in the next couple of days.

Dan

If someone wants the front door panels and the bulkhead trim, I'll take the rear 4 ( slider, the one opp and the two over the rear arches,) that would save you being left with any odd bits.
Obviously if someone wants the lot and can collect etc thats better for you.
I will have a Deluxe door panel one day :cry: :cry: :cry:

need a window not the one in the sliding door the one behind that have u got one

Dan,

you mentioned seats being re-trimmed for £110? is that just a normal passenger and driver seat or can he do a full bench seat and driver?

Steve :)

Just had a thought, would you have the seal that goes around the sunroof? not too fussed about how good it is as mine was missing when I got it and it would be nice to see what its like.
Cheers.

Big Red said:
Dan,

you mentioned seats being re-trimmed for £110? is that just a normal passenger and driver seat or can he do a full bench seat and driver?

Steve :)

He can do that too - can't imagine the price would be that different.

Dan

wibbler said:
Just had a thought, would you have the seal that goes around the sunroof? not too fussed about how good it is as mine was missing when I got it and it would be nice to see what its like.
Cheers.

I do, but I've sold the whole bit I cut off, seal included. It didn;t look dissimilar to the sliding door track cover plastic trim/beading, though it was made of cloth covered rubber.

Dan

wibbler said:
No probs mate :wink:

I heard there was a company in Germany that are supplying these seals - I think it's the same place that do deluxe bumper trim rubber insert by the roll. Failing that, there's a place in North London that do all manner of extruded rubber...

Dan

If the 'Danbury' badge on the rear is intact, and can be removed without being damaged, then I would like to buy that please, if poss.

Doug

Latest posts