BUS PRICES

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we and a few other traders still offer good value buses, perhaps Ive underpriced this at £4495 and yes it needs some welding but the bulk of it is extremely solid yet not a single bite. We are finding potential buyers are no longer interested in projects, they just want to buy one, get in and use it despite it being a better way to build what you want.

That does look good value.

I think that part of the problem is if you're like me you don't have the skills, time, facilities etc. to do it you've got to find someone good who will do it and they're invariably booked solid for at least 6 months ahead. Add in the time to do the work and it's then a matter of years before you can drive it. We also seem to live in a 'want it now' society so I think that this just makes it worse, especially as it seems that you can borrow money reasonably cheaply/easily.

wolfgang said:
^^^ yeah I saw that. Totally delusional price.

That was most likely my bus that you spotted. Actually I had it up for £37K as the starting price, not the for sale price and I have an offer on the table. As per a previous post though, there are people out there who don't want to do the work themselves or wait forever for a bus to be restored for them and they are willing to pay in the 30K range. As proof of this there are several successful businesses out there who sell restored bays in this price range. Also, some people look at the price of a "new" Brazilian camper but they would rather own a well restored German bus. This is the case with the buyer who is interested in mine. He looked at Split's also. As they say, each to their own! If it goes through I'll pipe back up on here and let you know.

Humphrey is your the red twin slider that was Facebook ? Nice bus that mate.

*Sam* said:
Humphrey is your the red twin slider that was Facebook ? Nice bus that mate.

Thanks Sam. Might have been another one, mine's red although not a twin slider.

Humphrey said:
wolfgang said:

That was most likely my bus that you spotted. Actually I had it up for £37K as the starting price, not the for sale price and I have an offer on the table. As per a previous post though, there are people out there who don't want to do the work themselves or wait forever for a bus to be restored for them and they are willing to pay in the 30K range. As proof of this there are several successful businesses out there who sell restored bays in this price range. Also, some people look at the price of a "new" Brazilian camper but they would rather own a well restored German bus. This is the case with the buyer who is interested in mine. He looked at Split's also. As they say, each to their own! If it goes through I'll pipe back up on here and let you know.

Dude you spent 60k + on that? :shock:
nice as it is I wouldn't tell the mrs if you don't get your money back :)

monkeyvanwestybike said:
Humphrey said:
wolfgang said:

haha...tell me about it! And don't worry, I might be delusional but I'm not expecting to get my money back...only some of it :)

Humphrey said:
monkeyvanwestybike said:
Humphrey said:

haha...tell me about it! And don't worry, I might be delusional but I'm not expecting to get my money back...only some of it :)
That's another valid argument. Buying a fully restored bus will eventually cost you less then having someone restore the bus for you (or to do it Yourself).

And yes, perhaps it's not entirely how you wanted your bus to be like, but you won't have the risk of financial headaches and you can enjoy it right away.

I bought a restored bus, as bus prices were rising faster than i could save the money. Not knowong how much a full on restoration would cost me, and not having the skills (steep learning curves do cost time and money ), i preferred the safety of paying for a well restored bus.

The other day I was reading on a Dutch VW forum about Samba prices. The topic dated back to 2004 and they were having a rant over how much some traders asked for a Samba because in their opinion 22.000 Euro or let's say 18.000 GBP was way too much.
We all know what happened in the past 11 years with some Samba's selling for up to 200.000.
I hear some guy stored 15 Sambas back in the day and is now starting to sell them for their current value.

Apparently people have also started to see our vans as an investment and you can't blame them. Therefor the prices keep going up. Let's just hope the bubble won't burst anytime soon or we will all have worthless vans and all that's left is to drive them and enjoy them 8)

That was most likely my bus that you spotted. Actually I had it up for £37K as the starting price, not the for sale price and I have an offer on the table. As per a previous post though, there are people out there who don't want to do the work themselves or wait forever for a bus to be restored for them and they are willing to pay in the 30K range. As proof of this there are several successful businesses out there who sell restored bays in this price range. Also, some people look at the price of a "new" Brazilian camper but they would rather own a well restored German bus. This is the case with the buyer who is interested in mine. He looked at Split's also. As they say, each to their own! If it goes through I'll pipe back up on here and let you know.[/quote]

I think that's my point really, you spent your money getting the bus done to your liking, but only someone with loads of money can afford to buy it of you
Brought not built

Latest posts