Camperjam weather is it worth it ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it was muddy, yeah we had some heavy showers but we had a fantastic time anyway. Picked our camping spot carefully and packed up and drove out without any worries today. Great bands both nights as well. i for one will definately be going again next year

I had a good show, met a couple of you for the first time which was cool. Van v muddy, had to be pushed a few times on the Friday to get to the pitch, friday was v wet early on. Sat was fine though, couple of showers, and some sun. Wellies were essential - we had a good time, and glad we made the effort.

creationblue said:
Mr Brightside said:
creationblue said:
Anyone else see the guy who dived thru the mud outside the pizza place last night during the shower :lol: was funny I have to say!
Yellow T shirt & dark long curly hair?

This guy had dark short hair no top and a pair of jeans :lol:

It wasn't dubscum was it.....?

creationblue said:
011-14.jpg

012-12.jpg

Loved your trailer tent, looked well cosy as we walked by .. :)

Sorry, should have said 'hello' properly :(

Post by David Eccles on SSVC

There's plenty of companies that have different types of matting to put down for vehicles, walk ways etc.
Thats all they needed, oh and maybe some sort of wash facilities for hand washing.

its not just about money its still about learning curves....but your comments above are spot on and rest assured there will be serious consideration given to what contingency plans like having access to to walk ways road boards etc need to be put in place (and how to preserve a show / display area!)
Please feed back constructive stuff like the above comment to the camperjam feedback website etc they DO read carefully and try to improve and take on board stuff...
can I just explain a little bit about stuff I do know about though
Weston Park ultimately call the shots. Hence no straw rule as churned muddy slime and grass recovers properly and quickly whereas straw causes regeneration probs..and they are a venue with shows to stage.
But we did not expect a rerun of noah..nor did anyone ..the deluge that hit Friday..forecasted a that morning was scary stuff in media and things had to be amended fast to cope with what was unfolding..so new campsite areas etc...plus half were now having to be being funnelled down one road instead of being able to use grass trackways..so that caused a tailback just an hour to get in. grim. sorry. they had to keep looking a new maps done a few hours earlier to direct folks..
Likewise Weston Park insisted yesterday at 7pm (i was there when phone call came thru) that sunday had to shut for all. They had a forecast of heavy rain coming in and took that decision. We did make contact with most pregistered show n shiners coming for the day specifically luckily.

Some good stuff there ^ Keep the constructive criticism coming :

I feel very sorry for the traders. Reflects badly on organisers not supporting them, the tearing area is why lots of people go for and I enjoy looking round to find bits and I missed that. On the other hand We had a fantastic time. Arrived Friday night, ignored the staff and chose a nice high spot. Kids had a ball, entertainment was great, shame the beat couldn't make it, funny that thousands of others did! Rain didn't dampen our spirits, we left at 17:30 after a lovely sunny afternoon.

Will be back,

Well, we had a fantastic time!! The event shelter we bought after seeing the forecast was well worth the money. The kids loved the mud, we managed to have 2 fires, 3 bbq's and I got sunburnt this afternoon. :oops:

Generally I think most campers had a good weekend, I did feel for the traders though...

2012-07-06185908.jpg

2012-07-06190158.jpg

2012-07-07133404.jpg

2012-07-08134845.jpg

How awesome is Mr Brightside's bus. 8) 8) 8) 8) The paint is beautiful and now the wife wants a new interior :50:

Well done on the win dude :anim_19:

Nik

A few more photo's of the weekend (did not take many this time :roll: )

Early bay area Friday

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

T5 stuck down to his spoiler
DSC00913.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

Pulled out by a Syncro
DSC00922.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

More EB camping area
DSC00918.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

Random Bug shot
DSC00925.jpg

The trade area
DSC00933.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

A sweet Double cab 8)
DSC00935.jpg

Weighing it up, we're glad we made it up there. We have been to every Camperjam so far and we really look forward to going. It was a shame not to go in the line-up today, but we decided to get off whilst there was no rain.

As others have said the traders got the worst of it.

Great to catch up with old faces and meet some new ones 8)

Sun was out when we got home and we got everything dried out, which was nice. :)

Telford Mulisha said:
Well, we had a fantastic time!! The event shelter we bought after seeing the forecast was well worth the money. The kids loved the mud, we managed to have 2 fires, 3 bbq's and I got sunburnt this afternoon. :oops:

Generally I think most campers had a good weekend, I did feel for the traders though...

2012-07-06185908.jpg

Hi Nik

We went for a recce last nite and saw your bus, looking good, liking the awning too

cotswoldiver said:
Loved your trailer tent, looked well cosy as we walked by .. :)

Sorry, should have said 'hello' properly :(

Yea Mrs n the kids loved it, so thats good enough for me 8)

You should have stopped for a beverage, always welcome

Few pics from me

508a7674.jpg

aa3e5cf8.jpg

d0c5e029.jpg

Barbeques are overrated anyway

4e8536f1.jpg

Not wet enough? Pay for some more ;)

b99a6515.jpg

And finally

7a520a91.jpg

57956be3.jpg

:mrgreen:

creationblue said:
Hi Nik

We went for a recce last nite and saw your bus, looking good, liking the awning too

Hi Just

I was hoping to bump into some of the earlybay mob too but didn't make it down, lovin' your trailer dude. I'll make it my mission to catch up with you at Dubs at the Castle... I'll let you sample my first batch of homebrew. Gotta sterilize my bottles this week and syphon it off.

Nik

We had a great time too. Don't know if it's true but we were told from 2 different sources that Weston Park themselves had a lot to do with the issues i.e organisers told they could not cancel with the treat of a penalty if they did and they also prevented the organisers putting down straw as "it would kill the grass".

Telford Mulisha said:
creationblue said:
Hi Nik

Hi Just

I was hoping to bump into some of the earlybay mob too but didn't make it down, lovin' your trailer dude. I'll make it my mission to catch up with you at Dubs at the Castle... I'll let you sample my first batch of homebrew. Gotta sterilize my bottles this week and syphon it off.

Nik

Perfecto!

sparkywig said:
clyde said:
Clem said:
I'm still here :) It's hot now and drying out. Mr Brightside took the Early Bay trophy :D

Nice one that bus is class. Any more S&S resuts.

:?:

We were told it was being cancelled along with the line-up....

They tagged it on to the show n shine.

So I won best Earlybay in the S n S, & then was also awarded the Robert Johnson memorial trophy by the Camperjam judges (whoever they were) :?:

There was a small show and shine on the area they had left, not strictly laid out and just for those who were there that wanted to join in. Best of show went to a sealing wax red split panel, the Danish guy with his famous Split Westy won a prize and Graham took the Early Bay Memorial Trophy.

Latest posts