Can slammed bus's run heaters?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olskoolchris

Reaction score
As the title says, can slammed bus's still run standard heaters? When i picked my bus up after its slam job i was handed my
heater tubes and told slammed bus's dont run heaters cos the heater tubes hit the floor. If this is the norm then what do i need to do with the holes left from the heater tubes? Will my bus overheat? Cheers Chris

How low is it? It has to be very low to scuff heater boxes ...

were you handed the heat exchangers or the heater tubes, I'm wondering if its due to the tubes rubbing on the drive shafts

Yes its the tubes i got handed, thought it might hit drive shafts not the floor. Can heater be reconnected? and will it cause engine overheating if I just leave it?

just try fitting them and see what happens, It shouldent overheat, but if you have heat exchangers fitted you may as well connect them, how low is your van ?

as said you gotta be seriously low to have to take your heat exchangers off, unless that is you dont want the agro and jusst want j tubes

ps we run j tubes and cardigans

low.jpg

jth

it looks quite low to me, it could be that the heater pipes would foul the drive shafts, where there is a will there is a way though, I'm sure you can get the heating to work again.

Latest posts