carb/running trouble

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldyboy

Reaction score
Carbs!!!!!

Got a question regarding 34 pict Carb, have had a few issues in the past with starting my van.
It fires straight away from cold due probably to it having electronic ignition so I assume it has good spark etc etc, but after its warm (30-40mins driving) its a bugger to start!! like only fires after 8/10 turns.
I've changed most of the usual bits and bobs and thought maybe the fuel wasn't getting through correctly, so checked the pump which seems to be ok,
but wondered if it was worth changing??
So basically I'm playing the old process of elimination game, I've taken the carb off to give it a general clean and noticed that there is fuel inside the float probably a really stupid question but is this normal? Its a Kafer which I take it is an aftermarket job??
The question is do i clean up and put back what I've got or should i get my hands on a genuine one?
Sorry if its a long winded one, be glad of any help
thanks
Mark

Have you checked the timing?

If there is fuel in the plastic float then that isnt normal and will need replacing. Probably a good clean and a rebuild kit might help

You will need to replace the float. If it is getting fuel in it then it will not shut off fuel supply to the bowl. That will be why you are suffering hot start issues. Your fuel mixture will be off. It will be like trying to start a hot engine with the choke on.

Latest posts