CB Radios - Can we just plug n play??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy said:
Im in! what channel are we going to use???? :mrgreen:

OilPump001.jpg
Nice one Easy 8)
Us north devon lot use channel 40 dude :D

matt69bay said:

Not meant as a criticism, but perhaps this is why it is so difficult to find anyone out there? Always used to monitor 19 and make contact then skip to a chosen channel to continue.
Have travelled north/south/east/west and only made contact with 'others' twice. Years ago a shout on 19 got rapid replys, there was that much useage! Maybe the few users are keeping it all 'in house' on their 'private' channels?
For what it's worth, after talking to lorry drivers and despite the lack of activity experienced, I would suggest sticking with 19 as the 'call channel'.

I guess its regional as over here its 14 for the call channel, it always stuck in my head "one, four, for a copy?"

Its was always (and i think still is) one nine a copy over here.
As pete said its probably easier to use 19 then when contact is made find another channel (although if a cruise has been organised then you could always pick and agree on a channel and use that)

matt69bay said:
easy said:
Im in! what channel are we going to use???? :mrgreen:

OilPump001.jpg
Nice one Easy 8)

Ace nice one dooder! will give you all a shout when im next it the location :mrgreen:

I fitted my cb this weekend, just got to get the spare one fitted in a mates van and can test them out.

So we saying channel 19 for searching then move to a specified channel?

Could anybody recommend a CB setup? I was looking at this http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/intek-m-150-plus.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and also seen some reasonably priced Midlands CBs on ebay. Any I should steer clear of? Cheers.

I bought a Midland 248 from Jim at http://www.4x4cb.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Service was great the only problem is I don't know if it works can't get anybody, on the way to Devon I picked up a few snippets of conversations that's all :(.
facee851.png

4c3d9208.png

8d6a227e.png

From what i can remember, Midlands and Harriers were the CB's my dad always had in the lorry.
Also worth investing in a SWR meter to set the arial length to get max coverage, and if your really worried then you get into the realms of Amps (burners i think they were called) and pre-amps.
Maplins used to do a range of CB's dont know if they still do though

You can see he has a swr meter Froggy, i think the only real test is to get a mate with one and try speaking to each other or wait until the next show as there will be a good few dubbers using them. 8)

ok dudes theres still some old skool truckers running with rigs..10-4..im in the n.west running the m6 corridor youll get me an my good buddies on chnl 35 c.mon..and you still get the usual muppets trash talkin on 19 so be carefull if youve got the mrs & young.uns on board.ive got a super star rig with astatic mike & wilson ariel with am / fm it gives me a 20 mile range without a burner so if i can hear you youll hear me. so if your criusin through lancashire throw it onto 35 and keep ya ears open ..good buddies and remember keep the rubber side down 10-4 :lol:

Latest posts