• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clearout of bus bits

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olly the Ozbus

Reaction score
First up, shelf out of a '68 Dormobile (so the long one to go in an early bay). A few water marks but in reasonable nick with original Silent Gliss curtain track and strap to secure sink lid still attached, £25

Brand new original spec nearside (LH side) front calliper from JustKampers for a '72 onwards bay. I bought a pair but after fitting this one (and having to file it to clear the crown of the disc) I realised they had sent me two near-sides and I couldn't return this one. Has 2 bleed nipples and now fits like a dream! £65

4x brand new silver painted VW off a set of Brazilian wheels (so late fitting only), SOLD

Pair of OG VW stamped hinge covers that I got off here but are now surplus to requirements. Have been painted by a previous owner and there is a crack by one of the holes as in the pics. £15

Solex H30/31 carb (Brazilian-Brosol) with adaptor to fit inner manifold for a 1600 twinport. Ran very nicely on my old lump and would also suit a 1600 single port (without adaptor) and or a 1500 as far as I know £25 but am happy to split if necessary

Original Bilstein Jack, £10

Steering column out of an early (not sure which year I’m afraid) with ignition housing, barrel and key. However, in mucking about I’ve managed to jam it and the key no longer turns- I’m not sure if there is a steering lock that may disengage if the column is fitted. Can’t tell you if it works I'm afraid...SOLD

OG front seat belts in usable condition, non-retractable with the VW roundrel on the release-buttons and I can throw in some bolts if you need them. £20

Pair of OG 3-screw Hella headlights out of my Aussie crossover. Reflectors are a little pitted but perfectly usable and the rims in original German chrome should come up nicely save for a few scratches and a small ding. The lenses are fine and obviously RHD spec. £30

Pair of callipers off my ‘72 crossover for rebuild. Nearside developed a sticky piston whilst sitting last winter and although offside was fine, they’ll obviously both need rebuilding. Genuine VW and beautifully machined compared to the new ones I replaced them with. SOLD

Packaged GEMO throttle cable for a 1700/1800 bay, part number: 214 721 555M ACCELERATOR CABLE TYPE 2 '17/1800 ALL, £3

Unused and packaged brake pad fitting kit for ’72 onwards bay callipers, £2

Plastic JK air hose (fan housing to heater pipe); has been filed to fit but broke the other one before I could fit it- useful if you’ve done the same! SOLD

If you need any additional pics then drop me a pm with your email address and I’ll wing some over! I’m open to offers on any of these bits and pieces and they can be collected from me in Cambridge or posted at cost. Cash or Paypal are both cool :p :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Olly

PICT0997.jpg

PICT0998.jpg

PICT0059-1.jpg

PICT0052-1.jpg

PICT1003.jpg

PICT1004.jpg

PICT1006.jpg

PICT1000.jpg

PICT0053-1.jpg

PICT1001.jpg

Hi interested in
Plastic JK air hose (fan housing to heater pipe); has been filed to fit but broke the other one before I could fit it- useful if you’ve done the same! £1
Posted to west london please.
How much and how to pay please.
thanks Paul

paul said:
Hi interested in
Plastic JK air hose (fan housing to heater pipe); has been filed to fit but broke the other one before I could fit it- useful if you’ve done the same! £1
Posted to west london please.
How much and how to pay please.
thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

I'll find out how much it is to post but I imagine it wont be a lot as it doesn't weigh much and I'll pm you my paypal details if that suits you?

Cheers,

Olly

I will have the 72 calipers and the pad fitting kit please.

sent you pm

twiggy

twiggy said:
I will have the 72 calipers and the pad fitting kit please.

sent you pm

twiggy

Nice one, there yours if you want them and you have a pm too!

Just wanted to clarify that these are the early calipers off a crossover and not the late bay ones which accept the slightly thicker late disc :msn4:

Hi. I'll take the steering column, ignition, barrel and keys please. Can you p.m details for payment inc postageto Suffolk? Thanks, Nick

Nick-Rackham said:
Hi. I'll take the steering column, ignition, barrel and keys please. Can you p.m details for payment inc postageto Suffolk? Thanks, Nick

Hi Nick,

Someone else already has dibs on this but if he changes his mind it's all yours. I'll let you know as soon as I do either way :)

Cheers,

Olly

Cheers olly thats excellent, it was due to be satin black now I'm thinking chromed (note to self: stop thinking on those long drives to work and concentrate on the road) :D

T'was a pleasure fellas, many thanks :mrgreen: Hubcaps, steering column, heater pipe and x-over calipers now taken- Mrs. T I imagine would be happy to see the rest gone too so feel free to chirp in with offers on anything and you might be lucky, it being the season of goodwill and all that 8)

Cheers,

Olly

Thanks for the tip off Araon, might very well be worth me getting the kicks as well-noticed he does rear quarters too though as I'm not sure how "luxurious" it would feel to have the whole lot in abs :lol: Did you just get kicks in the end?

frazmo72 said:
Hi,

Interested in the Dormobile shelf if you can get a price to post to Sale, Cheshire. Can pay by Paypal.

Cheers,
Frazer.

Hi Frazer,

I'll check out postage costs and let you know- shouldn't be too much though as it's not particularly heavy 8)

Cheers,

Olly

yeahjust the kicks but will be getting the rear 1/4s and covering with leatherette as you say they are well made just not lux...the strength and durability are good plus though

Araon said:
yeahjust the kicks but will be getting the rear 1/4s and covering with leatherette as you say they are well made just not lux...the strength and durability are good plus though

Good call, I was thinking (or not thinking!) about the outcome of just sticking a set in but they would make an ideal base to cover for both the hatch and rear quarter I guess. I'll get in touch with him to see what the crack is 8)

frazmo72 said:
Hi,

Interested in the Dormobile shelf if you can get a price to post to Sale, Cheshire. Can pay by Paypal.

Cheers,
Frazer.

Hi Frazer,

Had a check and postage should be £7 for the shelf- if this sounds amenable then give me a shout and I can try and get it in the post tomorrow if you like?

Cheers,

Olly

Hi, a good friend of mine is after the headlights you have for sale, think he has pm'd you on volkszone

Latest posts