Cornwall August 2012

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OLIVE-BAY said:
Yes that was the mrs :roll: she's been poorly of late and hasn't been out much so is a bit excitable :lol: was pretty cool tho lol

Enjoy the rest of your holidays 8)

Cheers. Hope the mrs is better soon. Your very lucky living in such a beautiful part of the world :mrgreen:

r73 said:
OLIVE-BAY said:
Think I seen the pair of you coming along the A30 the other morning just up the by pass from Tesco in Penzance 8)

Thought it was you!!! Had a great time down west Cornwall - up in bude for a week now then north devon on the way home!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you, was in Bude today, i live in North Devon :D Weather been pretty good lately

Cheers,

Alistair

Well it's been blowing a hoolie today in Porthlevin and I'm mean crazy windy! We booked a pitch at Treveague Farm but figured that would be mad in this weather so parked up on my mates drive in Trevillian, feel sorry for anyone camping down here tonight!! Oh on way to Goran satnav took us down some stupid single track roads, I'll post the picks up soon & you won't believe it! :lol:

So we left Cornwall on Friday and stopped off at Cheddar before coming home yesterday..........was a great trip with no breakdowns to report 8)

Here are a few pics.

All packed up and leaving

005-25.jpg

Got to Polzeath nice and early so had to hand about ect, then got set up and had a great 3 days

007-22.jpg

After this we travelled down to Gwithiam, rained all day, and was cold too. Bundy came back from a trip to the Eden Project and thats when the holiday got going :lol:

027-4.jpg

Just so happened we were sited next to each other, probably a mistake on Church Farms part.....

029-5.jpg

054-1.jpg

Rob73 turned up and we had a few Olympics BBQ Parties......... :msn4:

068.jpg

The Chaeau then became the Creche :mrgreen:

034-5.jpg

Then on one drunken Evening Knobrak was born :lol: ..........but thats another story........ :msn4:

Sadly Bundy & family left us for their long journey back home :cry:

059.jpg

And with this the Cornish Cyder industry lost a loyal customer :lol:

A couple of days later and it was our turn to move on, Sennen here we come......

Rob looking cool

086.jpg

We pulled up at Trevedra Farm and asked nicely for two pitches.....of course the site was full but we blagged the best pitches on the farm :D

089.jpg

Sea View anyone?

090-1.jpg

094-1.jpg

Luckily we had some company

100.jpg

Altho we spent the rest of the day on the beach, the night brought some extremely windy and wet weather and I never slept a wink :roll:

099-1.jpg

So Next day after a walk along the headland with 6 kids to Sennen for a fantastic breakfast it was time to move on.......Rob headed north to Bude and we headed south to the Lizard.....

We tried Henry's but is was full :cry: after some interesting 10 point turns we found a site at Porthleven.........Facilities were top class, was nice and peacful with just a short walk to the beach, this was Penrose.

121.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

On our last day here we heard the weather forcast was taking a turn for the worst, whilst in Potleven Harbour having breakfast we were told of force 9 gales heading our way, they were sealing up the harbour and the furniture was blowing down the street, so back we went to pack up...........luckily I gave up the chance of a sea view and opted to camp behind a 10ft hedge, this was our saving grace, as the tents in the other field were flat :roll: I decided to call in a favour and sofa surf at a mates in Trevillian, that night it was blowing a hoolie........

On the way to my mates we thought we would check out the weather at Treveague, but the satnav thought it would have some fun of its own.........

We did 4 miles of this in an hour.........

133.jpg

Everytime we turned off the road got worse....

134.jpg

I can tell you it was'nt the most enjoyable hour I have had in the bus!!!!! We never got to the coast instead I found the A30 and what a relief that was!!!!

Had a good night at my mates before meeting up with Rob again in Bude, A big thanks to Natalies parents for making us feel welcome and putting us up for the night :D

141.jpg

Next morning we said our goodbyes and headed off to Cheddar, the weather was terrible and the roads had plenty of surface water around the Bude area, I nearly stopped at one point as I couldnt see the road :shock:

All in all it was a good 2 weeks, we saw some great countryside and met some new friends...............roll on next year

Just

Sun came out today so spent the day at crackington haven - must have been good cos me ears are full of water again!!
We leave for home tomorrow via north devon - feeling quite sad about returning to normality........
First Bundy left and then the Croatian (Just) ..... 'rattler anyone?' no one replies ( my bro in law drinks lager :? )
'oh go on then, I'll have another one!' the ciders kicking in and I'm talkin to myself already :lol:

I've turned native - don't wanna leave :cry:
See you all next year
Knobrak

Thought I better step up and add my pics too!

On route with a seriously overloaded van...wish the rear was that low all the time 8)
IMAG1079.jpg

Pitched up for a full 2 weeks at Gwithian in glorious sunshine thankfully...
IMAG1080.jpg

Had a good first week with some very variable weather and wind...
IMAG1112.jpg

IMAG1118.jpg

Then in the second week we went to a very wet Eden project, passing Just (Creationblue) on his way in to the site and joking that it'd be funny if they were in the spare pitch next to us!
On our return by some spooky magic he was pitched up next to us looking a little cold! This was the start of the best part of the holiday, and the next day Just made me drink all day, then Rob (r73) turned up and the bbq's came out...and more cyder was consumed!
Thankfully all the kids entertained themselves leaving us to talk bollox all night.

IMAG1129.jpg

IMAG1134.jpg

IMAG1140.jpg

IMAG1141.jpg

Not sure what the noise complaints were for as Abbie seemed to sleep quite well... :msn4:

IMAG1136.jpg

After 3 very enjoyable days and nights we headed for home and enjoyed an hour of queing on the A30 after it was shut due to a burnt out T25 that was on its side...I hope they were all ok as it was not a pleasant sight at all...then another hour viewing the scenery on the M5 carpark, arriving home 9 hours later!

Thanks go out to Justin, Rob and their families for making the last 3 days of our holiday the best...roll on more good times like these 8)

IMAG1081.jpg

Knobrack!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cool, looks like you all had a really good time!

We are going down to Gwithian after Jamboree so hopefully the weather will hold good.

I will post up some pics and report on our return.

My turn this wkend for a week 8) st ives holiday park just down the road from gwithian
leaving early sat morning hopefully to avoid the queues :roll:

cheers shaun

Valentine Won said:
My turn this wkend for a week 8) st ives holiday park just down the road from gwithian
leaving early sat morning hopefully to avoid the queues :roll:

cheers shaun

Passed it a few times when getting supplies mate.............have a good time 8)

Looks like you got decent weather in the pics above :D Hope you had a ball.

Hope I get similar on the 12th-16th Sept.

Chris :D

mysteryspots said:
Looks like you got decent weather in the pics above :D Hope you had a ball.

Hope I get similar on the 12th-16th Sept.

Chris :D

Good luck Chris, thats some trip fella!

Cornwall August 2012 pics :D
Had a great trip - did about 800 miles in the end and the only fault to report was the door mirror glass falling out!
Met up with Just (Creation Blue) and Al (Bundy) and their families - and had a right good laugh.
We also passed Olive Bay on the way through Penzance!!
I'm really struggling getting back to work - worst thing was wearing socks and shoes!
Roll on next Summer..........................................................................

7K walk over the Strangles with my kids!
178.jpg

Widemouth Bay
174.jpg

Trabarwith
121-1.jpg

Marhamchurch
120-1.jpg

Trevedra
149.jpg

148.jpg

147.jpg

145.jpg

138.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

144.jpg

Sennen
162.jpg

166.jpg

155.jpg

Gwithian
129.jpg

127.jpg

130.jpg

Great times were had 8) you can see Creation Blue and Bundy's buses - KnobRak!
128.jpg

132.jpg

Kids having fun!
134.jpg

Newquay - had to check out boardmasters on the way to Gwithian!
123-1.jpg

Latest posts