Cornwall August 2012

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
simo said:
Hi all - we just got back from our Dubsatthecastle/Cornwall road trip 8)
We didnt book anywhere and stayed at a great little site called
Tolcarne Campsite 01872 540652 email [email protected]

We arrived the first week of the school hols but was 1 of 2 on the site :mrgreen:
There are 12 pitches, all with hookup if req and superb wetroom/ toilet block.
I will do a post up for the site later but if your looking for somewhere then its worth a look. Westbound on the A30 cross the A39 Turo roundabout then second St Allen left, (there is a sign for campsite) follow for 1.2 miles ;)

Tell Diane simon and terri sent you 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers buddy 8)

Yep, maybe, gives me a chance to recover from yesterday's "Looking like a Lobster" attempts :x

Well had 3 nights in Polzeath and at least 2 good days, today is wet and it's the day we moved on. So now sat drinking a cider at Church Town in the wet watching a DVD with the kids. Forecast is looking up this week 8) saw Bundy on the road out as we were coming in & catch Rob tomorrow, it's not a bad old life in a Veedub 8)

creationblue said:
Well had 3 nights in Polzeath and at least 2 good days, today is wet and it's the day we moved on. So now sat drinking a cider at Church Town in the wet watching a DVD with the kids. Forecast is looking up this week 8) saw Bundy on the road out as we were coming in & catch Rob tomorrow, it's not a bad old life in a Veedub 8)

Was wet in bude earlier so we took a trip out to a favourite spot Trabarwith Strand and sat in the pub looking at te sea for a few hours !
Man the brakes smelt hot coming back through Crackington Haven where we stopped to buy the kids an ice cream!
Brightening up now and looking forward to the trip down to Gwithian tomorrow!
Happy Days 8)

Ok so we have had a fantastic time so far, weather at Gwithium turned out gr8 with 3 consecutive sunshine days end of last week, bailed out a day early to travel to Sennen with Rob and although the site was full we were able to camp in the holding field with a sea view (pics to follow when I get home). Weather that night was terrible and we didn't sleep but next day sun was out again. Rob left to head bk to Bude and as the wind picked up I decided to move on, so we headed for the Lizard, we had some fun at Henry's site as anyone who has been there will know its tight in a bus, they were full unfortunately so off came the trailer and a 10 point turn was in order, so now I'm typing this with the sun beating down without a breath of air in Porthleven, a site that is basically a collection of fields with as much space as you like with a sea view 8) called Penrose and it's so quiet!! Anyone with any ideas of where to go next?

Just

Nice to see your still enjoying yourself!
No ideas really apart from that place Treveague Farm near near St Austell...is that the one you told us about??
Have fun 8)

Cheers Bundy, I like the look of that m8.

Hey no chance of upsetting the neighbours here guys :lol:

Got the DTs this morning, no Rattler since you left!!!

Knobrack! ;)

Quality!!
It was all your fault anyway :msn4:

Worst thing is I didn't buy any to bring back either :(

Will bring design sketches to Busfest :lol:

creationblue said:
Cheers Bundy, I like the look of that m8.

Hey no chance of upsetting the neighbours here guys :lol:

Got the DTs this morning, no Rattler since you left!!!

Knobrack! ;)
:lol:
I'm on the rattler again!
:party0041:

OLIVE-BAY said:
Think I seen the pair of you coming along the A30 the other morning just up the by pass from Tesco in Penzance 8)

Yes that was us, bus looks cool fella 8)

creationblue said:
OLIVE-BAY said:
Think I seen the pair of you coming along the A30 the other morning just up the by pass from Tesco in Penzance 8)

thanks 8) was really cool like driving into a mirror image.....I wasnt at all envious of your (light) flashing ability :lol:

OLIVE-BAY said:
creationblue said:
OLIVE-BAY said:

thanks 8) was really cool like driving into a mirror image.....I wasnt at all envious of your (light) flashing ability :lol:

:lol: I've been practising. Was that your mrs waving like a mad 'un? :lol:

OLIVE-BAY said:

Thought it was you!!! Had a great time down west Cornwall - up in bude for a week now then north devon on the way home!

Latest posts