Couple Pulley Questions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
I've bought a scat Std size billet pulley to replace the existing scat one that was rather rough .The new one came with a split shim type washer which is apparently to be used if you need to line your top and bottom pulleys up .
After removing the old Scat pulley I could see that there was no split washer in place ,and although I don't think my pulley alignment is way out I had been getting some rubbing /noise from the tin behind the pulley which was rubbing on the back .If I use this spacer I think it will eliminate that but I wasn't sure if that would mess any belt alignment up?

Also I'm trying to remove the inner half of the Dynamo pulley to fit a new billet one but I can't seem to budge it .Are they just normally rusted on ?

Don't know about the spacer thing in the main pulley . But as for dyno pully the back half can be a tight fit . If it's a stock one with the slots in it I've got them off with a few screw drivers in these slots and given it a wiggle side to side while pulling forwards and possibly a gentle tap on the sides with a soft mallet a bit off wd or plus gas on the shaft sometimes helps. When it does come off make sure you don't loose the woodruff key . Unless you have a new one lol

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Latest posts