Covers for winter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay81

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't have a garage i can use to store my bus over winter was thinking of getting a cover but a few people have said they do more harm than good?

Are they any good? which ones are the best?

Used mine for 2 years now, no issues. Have heard people say that it scratches your paintwork, whwre the cover blows in the wind. I strap mine down tight as possible, no evidence of any markings or scratches. Will soon have a permanent garage for mine, but glad I had this cover, its been priceless!!

-------------------------------
Own a Bay?.......Feel the Love!!

Stormforce and Hamilton covers are the main duluxe types i would say but JK do one to. If you have a poptop i would go for a hamilton as they have more room. I've got a stormforce and there is nothing wrong with it but as i have a devon poptop it does ride up over the bumpers if windy. They're not cheap but worth the outlay. :D

Thumbs up for the Hamilton ;)
Just make sure whatever one you go for it must be breathable!!

I have a J K one, no major issues, but then my paint work ain't super high gloss so doesn't both me too much :p

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk 2

Have used a Stormforce one for almost 3 and a half years and has started to wear out and rip in places but i do use it pretty much all the time except for the summer. Mine is a tin-top and the cover was tight but did the job. No problems with scratching paint etc. Think they are around 160gbp at the mo.
http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/stormforce.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pic of the Stormforce,

But....
As my bus spends all its time in the open air i have just bought a Hamiltons cover to replace it, was 220gbp delivered i think. Only came yesterday so not been up the yard to put it on but all the reviews reckon it is worth the extra dollar.
http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/acatalog/OutdoorCoverCarBreathableSoft.html#aMT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been using a pro-tec cover for the last 3-4 years. It wasn't cheap, but fully waterproof and breathable and they will make the cover to your specifications, eg pop top, LHD, front-mounted wheel etc. No problems at all with mine over the time I've had it.

Latest posts