Curtain rail - advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamberJim

Reaction score
i have just ordered some curtains and about to embark on putting curtain rails up in my microbus, any advice or pics of where it goes what to fix it to, best stuff to use, how you bend it round the screen would be appreciated. also need to know do you use 1 piece or do it in sections? how much do you use lengths etc pictures to [email protected]. thanks Jim

Silent gliss rail is pricey but can be formed to go round the corners fairly well with a bit of patience, the aluminium stuff JK supply is ok on straight sections but will not form round corners. I found the gliders were interchangeable with both types of rail. Or if youre really lucky the best option is to get an original set of curtain rails ready formed out of a camper that is being broken. Had that opportunity a while a go, should have done it, regretting it now :(

Silent gliss rail is pricey but can be formed to go round the corners fairly well with a bit of patience, the aluminium stuff JK supply is ok on straight sections but will not form round corners. I found the gliders were interchangeable with both types of rail. Or if youre really lucky the best option is to get an original set of curtain rails ready formed out of a camper that is being broken. Had that opportunity a while a go, should have done it, regretting it now :(

We had that prob, take currylager's advice find a van being broken and have the rails from it, it's a bugger to bend, don't forget to get the right hooks and also look at position when you take them out

Good luck

Mate, save yourself tons of bother and dont use rail for the front window.

Use 1 large popper on each pillar and then elasticate the front curtain on the window edge of it.

Basically meause the length of curtain that you need and place it to the window. Where the curtain fits against the windscreen, elasticate this part and put the popper to match the pillar postions. Takes 2 seconds to put up and you dont have to worry about having curtain ties and a rail covering up your van.

The Curtain goes behind the sun visors and looks the dogs. No rail less work and no stress.

Easy peasy 8)

Right got my JK curtain rails and have made a start, am now stuck again...! what is the protocol on the sliding door bit as the rail pertrudes on the insdide of the van.. was thinking of mounting a piece of wood but thats probably not much fun! what have you guys done, got. any suggestions would be grateful.

cheers Jim

My curtain rail sits just above the rubber edging on the sliding door rail, as it gets to the part where the sliding door rail sticks into the van a gentle s is formed on the curtain track taking it higher up and over the sticky in bit. The end then sits approx 30mm above the curtain track (on the b post) for the passenger door.

Sorry I know pics would help but my camera's buggered :(

guess i need somethng circular to bed i round, hopefully the actual track will not squash together, job for tomorrow then. just for reference ho bis is the s bend in total just roughly will do

cheers jim

Sorry not an S shape just bent up. Would look better in a gentle S tho...IMHO
Curtaintrack.jpg

Shot of the track round the cab area.
curtaintrack2.jpg

bamber

Our's runs on the channel that carries the slider, can take photo of it at mo as battery flat. I'll post photo when charged.

Bamber

photo, I will also e-mail some more tomorrow direct to your e-mail (don't laugh on analogue at home :( and it takes for ever)
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z167/ianscooby/HPIM0324.jpg

Latest posts