Curtains - what have you done with yours?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NellyM

Reaction score
Finally nearing the end of the interior refit on our 71 Westy and one of the jobs we are left with is the curtains. It would be great to see what everyone else has done, sizes, fittings etc. Pictures would be really helpful 8) .

Cheers

the thing we learned after making curtains the first time was getting woken at 5am because we had not lined them, missus solved that now and now don't get woken up by being light. we have the gliss curtain track very small and unobtrusive.

[photobucket]
P1010506.jpg
[/photobucket]

there is also a fine string that runs along under the windows you can tuck you curtains into so they are held back against the windows to stop the light coming in.

we also put velcro tabs on the back window curtain to hold that in place when closed, then tabs on the body level with the bottom of the window to stick the curtain when drawn closed.

[photobucket]
resto3011_zps96589b06.jpg
[/photobucket].

Thanks very much Busdiver that is a great help. Nice job by the way :D

I find curatins a Pain

Thermo Matts all the way:

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Thermo-Mat-Kit-T2-Bay-8-Pce-Kit-AC898601_act_shop.product_pID_119258825_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I made mine myself. LOL Used cloth dinner napkins. :D

IMG_0160.jpg

Of course these would be lousy for keeping the light out, but as of right now I don't camp in it yet. :D

justcruzin said:

IMG_0160.jpg

Of course these would be lousy for keeping the light out, but as of right now I don't camp in it yet. :D

Those are well cool and bring a smile to an old hippie. Loved Batik back in the day :)

justcruzin said:

IMG_0160.jpg

Im loving the curtains, but i dont think i could face them or the light getting in with a hangover :lol: :lol:

Thanks you guys! It's my cheap way of having curtains! Lol that and I love tie dyes. I still need to make one long one for the slider window. I bought the material but need to fine the little hanger things that slide on the track. I bought some a long time ago but can't remember where I put them. Lol

We used to run thermo mats they are fucking nightmare on / off etc so we just get pissed and stayin the sleeping bag simple , did treat a few onlookers at APex last year to a late night show whoops , sorry bout that

We have got a full set of curtains fitted to our Westie.

Double lined with blackout middle - keep the light out and heat in (a little)

External shot

CIMG3609_zps01013608.jpg

Internal shot

CIMG3963_zps07d28172.jpg

We have curtains and have sewn in some magnets in the hems so it sticks to the body to keep them in place. Works a treat for us.

Latest posts